Topic: Gingerman Summer Potluck

Unlike the first three or four attempts I am not going to do the google spreadsheet because participation is dismal.  This “just tell us all what you are bringing” format worked OK a Joliet.  So let’s be less rigid and hopefully just as organized.  Post here what you plan to bring and I will tie it up in a bow along with the submissions from facepage about 4 days before the race urging folks to fill the gaps.

Serving will be at the powered paddock spots between the Tower and the entrance closest to the track.  Like the past races, goal is to start serving Friday an hour after track goes cold and from past experience this means 70% of the food is gone in about 35 minutes.  At Joliet we had a ton of the food show up more like two hours after track went cold which did not seem to bother most folks.

Do not think you need to like cook things.  Popular sides include coleslaw, pasta salad, potato salad, etc from a friggin' Walmart deli.  Depending on weather.. Steve McDaniels portable freezer of ice cream sandwiches was a hit.

No matter what if folks shoot for feeding 20-30 soles (sic) we tend to have enough food for about 300 folks...yeah almost like Jebus and the 7-loaves and two fishes.

I will start Bad Decisions:
4-Cheese mac and cheese with smoked sausage…and likely green bean casserole in the vane hope that Nick Pon will someday show up for his favorite dish.

Re: Gingerman Summer Potluck

Deviled eggs from MBTL Racing

Wisconsin crap will most likely be bringing some sort of combo of cheese curds and local beer.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

Just a little reminder bump here since we are two weeks out!

I'll try to bring some sloppy joes this time, presuming I dont slice my hand open again.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

I'll bring some cookies and the other guys were also going to bring something but I can't get them to tell me what

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

7 (edited by OnkelUdo 2018-06-22 09:26 AM)

Ok, you folks are sad.  We got the follow with only a week out:
Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese
Cheese curds
Cookies
Sloppy Joes
Queso and Chips
And deviled eggs that I forgot about...

And that is from allll three venues.  Lets step this thing up.

I suspect many of the hardcore  picnickers are spending the weekend stuntin and splodin for independance day. Also you skipped MBTL’s develed eggs.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I'ts not my normal race crew this year, so we are going to be a last minute decision.  I'm trying to get them to stay, but the kids want to go onto the lake.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

meyers0150 wrote:

I'ts not my normal race crew this year, so we are going to be a last minute decision.  I'm trying to get them to stay, but the kids want to go onto the lake.

Tel them to swim in Nick Pond instead!

Or perhaps tell them to focus because this ain’t a go-kart track and put-put excersion, it’s a Lemons race weekend which is more fun than getting sunburn on a boat.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

OnkelUdo wrote:
meyers0150 wrote:

Tel them to swim in Nick Pond instead!

I thought it was "Nick Pond pond"?

I think one of the guys might be bring pulled pork if he gets around to smoking it or something.

Facebook Page

I just picked up 5 lbs. each of baked beans and potato salad plus I will be bringing 150-200 steamed pork dumplings.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Mercury Bobcat

Not wanting to rock the boat this close to the race, but at HPR the pot luck was Saturday evening, and as disorganized as our noob team was we contributed as we had the whole day to prepare. Just wondering what the pros and cons are to Friday versus Saturday pot lucks?

Friday folks may be arriving, setting up camp, dealing with tech/BS so while the evening may be freer they haven't had time to prep/cook/etc.
Saturday folks are there the whole day, and while there's a race going on unless you hella blowed up there's a sizeable amount of downtime for a large percentage of folks during the day and the same applies after the Saturday checker.

$0.02

#98 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Class A car in the hands of a Class D team - MSR Houston IOE!

Dangie wrote:

I just picked up 5 lbs. each of baked beans and potato salad plus I will be bringing 150-200 steamed pork dumplings.

Great to see you back in the Midwest Greg.

This guy made up some killer chili at autobahn a few years back.

Team Sheen Integra and Mirada.
Every Gingerman & Autobahn since 7-2011

Straight6er wrote:
Dangie wrote:

Great to see you back in the Midwest Greg.

This guy made up some killer chili at autobahn a few years back.

Thanks!  We will be attending the October Gingerman race and I'll be contributing 4-5 gallons of my award winning chili to the potluck.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Mercury Bobcat

BAD Company will be bringing grilled BBQ chicken

Team BAD Company Endurance
Acura RSX #0
4 times losers, and counting...
"I got screwed" winners? 2018 Cure for Gingervitis, 5th on laps overall 2018 Elite meet to Cheat

TeamRadicus wrote:

Not wanting to rock the boat this close to the race, but at HPR the pot luck was Saturday evening, and as disorganized as our noob team was we contributed as we had the whole day to prepare. Just wondering what the pros and cons are to Friday versus Saturday pot lucks?

Friday folks may be arriving, setting up camp, dealing with tech/BS so while the evening may be freer they haven't had time to prep/cook/etc.
Saturday folks are there the whole day, and while there's a race going on unless you hella blowed up there's a sizeable amount of downtime for a large percentage of folks during the day and the same applies after the Saturday checker.

$0.02

The collective spoke the one time I tried to move it to Saturday.  Thus far in 5 outings doing it on Friday, only one has really had any problems (Joliet) but in hindsight would have been much worse on Saturday due to weather.

More than half the teams that contribute are normally at the track already for the TnT so have been set up for a while.  It starts right after the newbie meeting so a bunch of them go straight to the serving line.

OnkelUdo wrote:
TeamRadicus wrote:

$0.02

The collective spoke the one time I tried to move it to Saturday.  Thus far in 5 outings doing it on Friday, only one has really had any problems (Joliet) but in hindsight would have been much worse on Saturday due to weather.

More than half the teams that contribute are normally at the track already for the TnT so have been set up for a while.  It starts right after the newbie meeting so a bunch of them go straight to the serving line.

I think the thought for Friday is that there is less to do or deal with after tech closes than on Saturday where people are trying to fix their cars or get them ready for the next day.  Also easier for someone to run off to the store or prep it since you aren't racing.

Facebook Page