1 (edited by MozillaMiata 2018-06-06 01:38 PM)

Topic: First timer, Looking for team, experienced, welds and wrenches

To start this will be my first Lemons event. Always was told racing was for the rich but I love driving and racing and this is a real milestone so to speak in my driving career. Been watching some of the awesome attitudes and the hilarious penalties and I can't think of a better tier of racing to be involved with.

I can possibly use my daily $550 auction bought Vibe GT for the race but needs a cage and harnesses among some other stuff which wouldn't be impossible to come up with to pass tech however also interested in being part of a team that already has a car ready to go.

Self taught welder and mechanic - youtube university. lol

Been doing Autocross for three years; I know how to keep it tidy and still be quick.

Anyone interested let me know, need time to plan for this so looking to get in on the "The Yokohama 500 350 100 Good Try" or "Get Yer Phil 50" events.

Re: First timer, Looking for team, experienced, welds and wrenches

It helps people to know where you are, the 2 races listed are far apart from each other to indicate.

Three Pedal Mafia: IOE > Overall
Wartburg | Wagovan | The Boat | Rolls Royce | Civic Giraffe | Citroen SM | TR7 3800SC | Cressida | Isuzu Hombre
Some IOEs, class wins, org choices, heroic fixes, I got screwed's, etc.

3 (edited by MozillaMiata 2018-06-06 09:48 PM)

Oh thanks for the heads up! Yeah I should mention I'm in KY and not sure if I'd be better off driving or flying at this point I'd bet on flying to eliminate variables.

I don't know of any KY teams, maybe one will pop up.  Doing an arrive and drive with a team is a great way to get started and see if you love it and want to invest a lot of time and money into the adventure.  Most races have a few teams that are short a driver and will post here of FB looking for someone.  Also, read up on some of the threads on the Newbie section.  There is lots of info there on how to start a team, expected costs, and common pitfalls.  Building a cage yourself can be done but do a lot of research first and talk to someone about how to do it in your car.  At a minimum invest in a pre-bent cage.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed

I sent this link to a friend who is in KY and who is currently a 1-man band. He has a Rover sd1 that he is doing mad things to already. The car has run in Lemons before but he is making it waay better.

Awesome well hopefully something comes up. I lost my account information hadn't checked this in a minute but still prepping the car, decided to go with a cringe JDM theme on the Domestic Vibe that's Japanese powered, (and yes people are already upset with the car). Haven't decided what to do as far as apparel to over play the JDM idea but thinking goofy flat bills, Vans slip on shoes, vapes, those energy drinks from pimp my ride (cause that show was awesome and gotta have energy bro bro bro) Mint t shirts and idk what else. Lol. Let me know any ideas you all have.
Spank if you want I can send you my email to give to him if that'd be better contact method.
Meyers wanted to avoid the  "arrive and drive" costs as I'm sinking more and more time and money for safety equipment into prepping my own car but if it's gonna be the only option it may end up having to wait until they hopefully do a NCM event or otherwise closer or something idk.

Spank wrote:

I sent this link to a friend who is in KY and who is currently a 1-man band. He has a Rover sd1 that he is doing mad things to already. The car has run in Lemons before but he is making it waay better.

We got us a couple fellers here near Louisville that have been wantin' to do sumthin'...

We're purdy easy to git along with and Adam is real handy... Rob has driven at one event...

Give us a holler! :-)