Topic: Great Lakes Mistake FAQ on Roadkill

http://www.roadkill.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Lemons_Rally_2017_Uber579.jpg

Mostly adapted from the last one, blah blah blah. Email me or Steve if you have any questions. Don't get dead.

http://www.roadkill.com/lemons-rally-wh … ake-rally/

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Re: Great Lakes Mistake FAQ on Roadkill

I'll be meeting up with folks in Independence, OH on the 6th since I live 5 minutes from there.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Nice write up...
But I just realized, my cell phone and data plan will not work once over the border!....!  So no way do look at Instagram, post anything, call anyone (for HELP!), and the GPS will not work....!

Maybe roaming would work, but that will end up being very expensive!

I guess I need to call my virgin provider and ask for an upgrade....Virgin Mobile, that is....

Plus, I need some Canadian cash, Canadian maps,

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Is Virgin Mobile a SIM card baised network. Because you could just swap in a burner sim card.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

MZAVARIN wrote:

Plus, I need some Canadian cash...

To remind everyone that you're from the US, take along and spend lots of Canadian $1 bills, $2 bills, and pennies.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

MZAVARIN wrote:

Nice write up...
But I just realized, my cell phone and data plan will not work once over the border!....!  So no way do look at Instagram, post anything, call anyone (for HELP!), and the GPS will not work....!

I guess I need to call my virgin provider and ask for an upgrade....Virgin Mobile, that is....

It's not ideal, but you can also just dump all of your IG posts once you get somewhere with WiFi. Doesn't solve the rest of your problems, but it does solve that one.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

therood wrote:
MZAVARIN wrote:

Nice write up...

It's not ideal, but you can also just dump all of your IG posts once you get somewhere with WiFi. Doesn't solve the rest of your problems, but it does solve that one.

Also, GPS will work without cellular data - its a different thing. You can download maps of the planned route to your phone before you leave and then just use something like Google maps (without being connected with cellular data). I did this in Italy last year and it worked great.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/ … &hl=en

There are also apps that let you make phone calls over wifi.

We Audi Be Faster
'85 Audi Coupe G(in &) T(onic)

I better start planning...
I think I will delegate the cell phone, Instagram, GPS, wifi, stuff to the wife.
She's into that stuff....buys new cell phones at least once a year...has at least 2 of them herself, plus the one that the kids "need"
I doubt my phone, which is the "latest version" of the LG phone with a slider keyboard, will work...but I've had it for over 5 years and it still works ...good enough....

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022