Topic: The Royal Wedding: The Bride's Reflections

Every now and then something happens in life where you just know its a good idea to get out ahead of a story with "The Truth," you know, before rumors start to fester.

This isn't one of those times.

Everything is just as it appears. We screwed up. Spun the Wheel-O-Shame. Landed on Royal Wedding.

Here's the photographic evidence:
https://photos.smugmug.com/Other/Lemons/i-8xXjr9s/0/2a14b44d/L/Screenshot%202018-06-07%2015.44.25-L.png

Still, I want to tell my side of the story and give some credit where it is due.

First of all, you don't get to Spin unless you are black-flagged three times. I had some help in that department. In fairness, my screw-up was pretty egregious. I passed under yellow. Stoopit. Stoopit. Stoopit. That alone was probably worthy of some time in the stockade.

But I had help in other areas, too. And I want to acknowledge all those who made this such a special occasion:
First, I want to thank our Team Leader, Karl, for walking me down the aisle and giving me away. Karl, I was so proud to be your daughter that day. I love you, Daddy.

Karl also arranged the N. Korean flags into a bouquet for me. They were beautiful, Karl. Thank you. (I would have tossed the bouquet, but the Judges whisked it away at the end of the ceremony, probably so nobody would poke an eye out.)

Next, my team/bridesmaids have always been an amazing source of support for me. They tied the string of beer cans to my ankle for the Paddock Procession. They also carried my train the entire way. Thanks Deryck and Mark.

I really want to thank Heather Banaszek, from Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, for being my matron of honor. She also allowed me to use her tablecloth to use as my bridal train. The team happily donated $50 to ALSF for tablecloth/veil loaner. It was my 'Something Borrowed.'

Lastly, I want to answer the question that was on everybody's minds: Who was I wearing?

Well you already know about the veil/train/tablecloth...

The sunglasses were also by ALSF. The glasses were my 'Something New.'

The Royal Blue quilted cool vest was by TechNiche International, world renown makers of, um, Cooling Bridal Vests.

The Royal Blue Bridal Onesie was by Bodyguard. The Bridal Onesie was my 'Something Old.' (I got that suit when I started racing in 1992.)

What was my 'Something Blue,' you ask? The obvious answer is the entire outfit. But that would overlook the post-wedding depression that has descended upon me. Yup, I'm a little blue since the big occasion. So, if you got pictures of the Paddock Procession or the wedding, please post them up. I could use a little cheering-up...