Topic: Corner scales

If you have a set to rent/lend and are in the Seattle area let me know. Thanks.

Re: Corner scales

Cripes are Lemons people corner weighing their cars now? We didn't even do an alignment this time.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Alignment? What's that? Where you beat your suspension back into place with a hammer?

That guy

4 (edited by Guildenstern 2018-06-24 10:00 PM)

What am I, a caveman?

A hammer and a String!!

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I had my car aligned before a race once. Then it dropped halfway off the trailer before said race. I haven't bothered even checking it since then...

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

I used to corner balance my cars before we moved to Class C. Now I no longer care. I still align them so the tires will last longer because tires cost money.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

We want to corner weight the 1947 Plymouth honestly for entertainment.  Will we use the data...sure.  Is that the real concern with a pre-war design, running modern everything else, not a chance.

When we built our first car ('80 RX-7), it was scary as f*&$ to drive; the rear end was always trying to come around on you.  We knuckled under and bought a set of scales; turned out the LF corner was carrying a pretty high percentage of curb weight; the car was nowhere near what could be considered "balanced".  We ended up adding about 120+ lbs of weight to the passenger side where the seat would be, and the RR corner, to balance the car out.  It made a pretty substantial difference. 

Over time, we trimmed more weight from other areas of the car (such as relocating the battery from LF corner to the right side behind the main hoop), which allowed us to remove some of the "reward weight".

Perennial Losers
Mazda 787b aka '75 914 - Org Choice @ The Ridge, 2015; IGS @ TH, 2018
BMW M1 Procar aka '80 RX-7 (retired) - Zero awards sad