Topic: Turbo VR6

I figured this was the appropriate place to post this question.

During the 2016 Autobahn race I believe one of the judges said that nobody raced a turbo VR6 at Lemons before. Is this true? I assume that it would probably just explode before finishing 2 laps but does anyone remember if a team was stupid enough to try it?

Re: Turbo VR6

EuroTrash ran a sweet turbo 2.0

We used to run a sweet turbo I5

I have never seen a turbo V6 VW/Audi (Vr6 or 2.7tt) in the midwest in my 6 years of racing here.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

3 (edited by gunn 2018-06-26 04:06 PM)

derekste wrote:

EuroTrash ran a sweet turbo 2.0

We used to run a sweet turbo I5

I have never seen a turbo V6 VW/Audi (Vr6 or 2.7tt) in the midwest in my 6 years of racing here.

I thought I remember reading about someone prepping an S4 (2.7tt engine) but I don't recall if it ever raced.
Being an owner of one with so many little stupid things which have broken on it over time, this sounds like a fine idea.
I also seem to recall them discussing opensource 2.7t ECU modding SW to turn up the boost which at the time (and even now) sounded even more fabulous.

Myopic Motorsport's #888 Ceci n'est pas une Citron Thunderbird ("This is not a lemon" but a 1995 tbird w/ 93 V8 swap + shopping cart rear wing + engine mounted frito maker)
2017 Sears Pointless Organizer’s Choice
Frito Making Tbird from 2018 Sears Pointless Engine Heat BBQ - http://goo.gl/csaet4

The vr6 melts pistons without the help of boost.

Owner/Captain of The 27 Club E46. Phoenix, AZ
and now the #95 Thunderbird