Topic: Pit Crew Questions

One of of my drivers family members want to help as part of our pit crew during the race. Does every person who will wrench on the car have to be registered on the website, or is there a fee they can pay and simply ride in with us? Just wondering, because I believe 2 of them don't have email addresses.

2 (edited by TheEngineer 2018-07-02 10:54 AM)

Re: Pit Crew Questions

Technically, anyone that wants to touch the car over the weekend needs to be registered as crew. It's for insurance reasons.

Anyone can come in for the weekend as a spectator. Show up, pay the $30 at the gate, hang out all weekend. Technically spectators are not supposed to touch the car, or tools, or anything that could hurt them. That said I've never seen anyone checking that those wrenching on a car had a crew wristband, but try not to push everyone's luck here. It'll only take one spectator dropping a transmission on their face to get the spectator rules drastically changed.

Edit: If you're trying to figure out how to register someone who does not have an email address (which, in today's world, how?), if you have a gmail account you can use a trick to get more than one use out of it. you can add "+WORDS" to your username on most webforms, and that email will make it to your account. Example, if your username is imd240zman, you can enter imd240zman+crew@gmail.com and it will come to your main account. Use something like that and enter all of their real information when you register them as crew.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Re: Pit Crew Questions

Wow, that is something I never knew about. Learn something new every day. Thank you for that advice!