Topic: MORE STUPID QUESTIONS, WOOHOO!!!!

So I'm interested in how the rankings work. I was looking at the standings for the race, and noticed there's a national standing, and then region. I believe I read in here that there is an overall championship type thing, which I would assume is for those teams who can actually make every race in the year. The regional championships I'll go ahead and assume is the region. Me being in NC, I'll take a stab at saying I'm counted as the south region. But then I noticed that there were points for teams, and drivers individually. I'm sure there is a write up somewhere on here that I have missed, so if someone just wants to point me in the right direction, I will gladly read up on how all of that works and is calculated. Or if someone wants to help me be lazy and explain it to me here, that will be welcomed as well.

Thanks again for all of the help!!

Re: MORE STUPID QUESTIONS, WOOHOO!!!!

It's all laid out in the (really not long enough to ignore) rules.

5.4: National Championships: National Championship points will be awarded as follows:
Constructors Championship: 10 points for 1st, 9 points for 2nd, etc.
Team Championship: 10 points for 1st, 9 points for 2nd, etc. All cars earn 3 National Team Championship points per race start.
Driver Championship: 10 points for 1st, 9 points for 2nd, etc.
De-Constructors Championship: Made up by us on a whim.
Coppa di Bondo: Pulled out of our butts an hour before the awards ceremony.

5.5: Regional Team Titles: Regional Team Titles will be awarded in each of the regions defined below. Regional Team Title winners will receive one free guaranteed entry at the final event of the season. Regional Team Title points will be awarded as follows: 10 Regional points for 1st, 9 Regional points for 2nd, etc. All teams get 3 Regional points per race start.

5.6: Tiebreakers: The oldest car(s) wins. And if that’s a tie, the most racing experience loses.
West Venues: Infineon, Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, The Ridge, Miller Motorsports Park, Chuckwalla, High Plains Raceway, Ide Motorsports Park
South Venues: Sebring Int’l Raceway, Carolina Motorsports Park, Road Atlanta, NCM Motorsports Park
Gulf Venues: Barber Motorsports Park, MSR Houston, Eagles Canyon
East Venues: New Hampshire Motor Speedway, New Jersey Motorsports Park, Monticello, Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park
Midwest Venues: Gingerman, Autobahn, High Plains, Road America

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Okay, so I did read that, I just didn't remember because I had no intentions of actually trying for something this year, seeming my first race would literally be halfway through the south region season. However, the south region mentions the venues of Sebring, Atlanta, CMP, and NCM. But NCM wasn't raced this year, was it? Also, The one in Alabama was, and that says it was part of the South Region. Does it just depend on what venues happen to be available at the time?

I believe they just leave in venues that have been raced in the off chance they return. Monticello is still listed in the northeast region, but there's like at 0.0% chance of returning there.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Will you be racing at the Lemons South Fall?

I never stray further south than NJ. Even NJ is a long haul for us.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

TheEngineer wrote:

Must be nice...

After Inde (3-hours), the next closest track to us (ButtonWillow) is a 7-hour haul. Then 11-hours to Sonoma.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

I'm in Greensboro. I luckily have a bunch of nice tracks not too far. But I also drive an 18 Wheeler,... So there really isn't a too far for me. I'll drive an extra 240 miles a day because there's better food at a different truck stop.

Fishah wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

Must be nice...

After Inde (3-hours), the next closest track to us (ButtonWillow) is a 7-hour haul. Then 11-hours to Sonoma.

Depending on when you leave and how bad traffic screws you NJ is a 6-9 hour haul for us. But the Thompson and NH are really nice with NH being 40 minutes and thompson just over an hour.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

10 (edited by Guildenstern 2018-07-03 10:32 AM)

imd240zman wrote:

I'm in Greensboro. I luckily have a bunch of nice tracks not too far. But I also drive an 18 Wheeler,... So there really isn't a too far for me. I'll drive an extra 240 miles a day because there's better food at a different truck stop.

This is my kinda guy! I used to work driving for an auto wholesaler 8 hours a day, people give me funny looks when I say I'm driving to Columbus for a sandwich, or Cincinnati to look at a car I probably won't buy.

I'm also the one who thinks nothing of driving from Cleveland to Sebring just to say I raced a Sebring AT Sebring.

The North East Corridor probably due to Miles traveled vs hours spent tends to keep people closer. It ends somewhere past wherever in Eastern PA Regular Car Reviews lives since that guy acts like a 2 hour drive is a Lewis and Clarke level expedition.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport