Re: I bought a Rolls Royce and want to build it.

I’d say class c with little to no penalty laps.

If he drives it like a Rolls-Royce it stands a good chance of finishing.

If he drives like a viper it will probably last an hour.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

The hero of Gingerman will be the guy that shows up with the spare 1958 F100 rear axle that Darko can use to replace the one that fails.  Or, better yet, the rear end that can be swapped in it's place.

Good luck to everyone.  Is there a place I can watch live timing and scoring?

A couple of things -

1.  It's my understanding that at 5pm the car still wasn't there.
2. Everyone seems to be ignoring the amount of fuel a 500HP engine will consume in a 4000lb car.  And I thought I had it bad with the XJ12.

I'd put it in C.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

cheseroo wrote:

It's my understanding that Darko installed a cloaking device.  I suspect he has been there for hours....

Pretty concerning if he hasn't show up yet. Bilcoh, can you text him? Make sure rescue plans aren't in order?

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

bulletpruf wrote:
cheseroo wrote:

It's my understanding that Darko installed a cloaking device.  I suspect he has been there for hours....

Sorry, he hadn't gone through tech yet.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Probably just rivnutting those last few fasteners.  And building suspense.  The guy's a master storyteller, obviously.

Looks like he is there now. Awesome!

What's anyone monitoring to get updates?  Is there some sort of feed?

Just saw on Facebook on the Lemons page that he had gone through tech.

For timing in the race tomorrow, you'll need to get race monitor.

bilcoh wrote:

Probably just rivnutting those last few fasteners.  And building suspense.  The guy's a master storyteller, obviously.

Heck, this story almost could get recast as a fairy tale if you told it to the kiddies - there's enough romance (RR), power (Viper engine), magic (did you see those welds?) and (hopefully) glory in it for one!

What's the team name? I'd like to follow it on Race Monitor.

bb

billy bee wrote:

What's the team name? I'd like to follow it on Race Monitor.

bb

Pacific Motors #789

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Seeing one lap registered, hope everything is ok.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

490 (edited by Fishah 2018-10-13 08:23 AM)

Pretty safe to assume that with only one lap registered, things aren't going butter smooth.

-

Looks like the car was given Class C, zero laps. Good stuff.

incomplete wrote:

i'm going to go w/Class A...  it's got a beast of a motor and while it probably won't finish (even if it's ready and passes tech), it has zomgpotential once sorted.  and if sorted, it may, like team baka's s2000-powered s600, be told that it probably won't ever be allowed to win.

the only way it'll be bumped down to C or something is if darokstoj keep showing up w/the car for races, and continually breaks all while continuing to show the Lemons spirit.  the analogue for this is the stupidly quick, but usually self-destructing chotus.

of course, i could be (and most likely am) completely wrong.  smile

i was wrong.  C, zero laps.  smile

Class C, zero laps. And with one lap registered, the omniscience of the judges is confirmed, once again.

Hey guys, Matt from the Pacific motors team. Had a little bit of bad luck this morning. Shock mount we welded to the axle broke at the crappy weld it came with. We found a welder and braced the flanges and fixed the mount. It made it 2 more laps and windowed the block, so we're down, but not out. Pacific Motors never says never! We've found another motor and it's in its way to the pits! We're going to get at least 3 more laps before the end of the weekend!!!

494 (edited by Lemon_Newton-Metre 2018-10-13 11:03 AM)

He's just trying to give you guys a lead to make you overconfident... then, he'll run you down like you were standing still...

[ immediate above post jumped in while I was composing the above. Whomever it was who previously mentioned the axle, what's the next Powerball number tonight? ]

Block ventilation mod? Hard core.

Don't rev to red line, shift early and make that motor last.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

Block ventilation mod? Hard core.

Don't rev to red line, shift early and make that motor last.

Difficulty level: Chrysler drivetrain

Seriously, all smart-assery aside, the fact that the team was able to get the Rolls built, to the track, pass tech, and turn *A* lap is astounding.

Only Darko would have a line on a spare viper engine at the drop of a hat...

I'm surprised by that failure... A viper motor should be able to hand at least a few laps of hammering even under the worst conditions.

Fishah wrote:

Only Darko would have a line on a spare viper engine at the drop of a hat...

I'm surprised by that failure... A viper motor should be able to hand at least a few laps of hammering even under the worst conditions.

I'm hoping that the earlier 'self-liberation' from the trailer had something to do with it - so the next engine will be perfect!

(Oh, and I'm taking the 'over' on the weight over-under!  Once I saw the gearshift linkage that sealed the deal.)

Fishah wrote:

A viper motor should be able to hand at least a few laps of hammering even under the worst conditions.

I don't think it is a Viper engine. I think it is the truck V10, which is a very different engine, IIRC. I could read back through this thread and verify that it's a truck engine, but I too lazy.

Sorry about your misfortune, guys. You won't ever forget this weekend. We swapped an engine during our first Lemons race, too. Epic. Earned us the You Got Screwed award at Buttonwillow last year. We arrived at the track with one Hyundai and left with two... That junkyard engine is still running well.

Good luck,
bb

500 (edited by Fishah 2018-10-13 02:57 PM)

It's the truck V10, from an Srt-10 Ram. I thought they were basically the same thing?

It's not the work truck V10.