Topic: Fall CMP Race & Bock Party, who is gonna be there, what are you bring?

Steel City Rustkateers will be there with Pig Pen''s Mirage.

It Ain't My Fault

Re: Fall CMP Race & Bock Party, who is gonna be there, what are you bring?

Unless something unforeseen happens, Bad Decisions will be there with the still totally stock 1947 (or '48) Plymouth Special Deluxe.

OnkelUdo wrote:

Unless something unforeseen happens, Bad Decisions will be there with the still totally stock 1947 (or '48) Plymouth Special Deluxe.

Coincidentally enough, we may have something in the works to compete in Spec "Post WWII Car from a Now-Defunct Automaker"

Thrashing wildly to have it ready by September.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

In with the Gran Fury!

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

mechimike wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Coincidentally enough, we may have something in the works to compete in Spec "Post WWII Car from a Now-Defunct Automaker"

Only a few bits are still post-war at this point but we welcome the competition.

OnkelUdo wrote:
mechimike wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Only a few bits are still post-war at this point but we welcome the competition.

You're installing stuff from pre-1940?  :-)

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

Boring old mustang.  But hey - main street party.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Anybody bringing something special for judge Phil's 10th year anniversary of Judging Lemons?

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Word on the street is that Judge Phil is racing that weekend and not judging. And that I am judging.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

steve wrote:

Anybody bringing something special for judge Phil's 10th year anniversary of Judging Lemons?

yes

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

T bird and Galaxie are in!!!

Also bringing something for the barbeque. 

And bringing my wife.

Everyone be on your best (ish ) behavior!!!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

We will be there with the Corolla Extra car.

Four Stripes, Corolla Extra Motorsports
'83 Toyota Corolla #5
Winner, Class C, Yokohama Good Try, Road Atlanta 2018

Projectile Dysfunction will be there with our MX-3.

...last seen blowing white smoke at Road Atlanta

We'll be there. Y'all know what we're bringing.

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

Team Super Westerfield brothers will be there with our non-VTEC yo! #411 Integra.  We're looking forward to the parade again too.  See y'all there.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

A nice event would like to come smile

Is there going to be a Bumble-Bee BBQ?  We need to know, so we can plan on bringing our un-famous corn on the cob.

Anybody have a car count yet?

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

19 (edited by doctordel 2018-08-14 03:49 PM)

The number of replies here has me slightly sad. Fall South was our first race and will always be my personal favorite. Hopefully the short thread merely reflects the fact that the usual suspects will all be present and accounted for, obviating responses here.  Like us, in our still-not-rethemed 928 wagon estate ambulance thingie.

My kids aren’t coming this time so I get to stay up late! If you find me on the ground in a curled up ball Saturday morning please give me a sharp jab sometime before green flag.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

Mostly the traffic has moved to the less reliable social media venues.  Despair not (yet) until we do get a car count.

What about those of us not on "social media"?  Are we to be left behind?

To a certain extent, we already have been.

I'm hoping to make it although I wont be driving for this one, the previous team I raced with hasn't even unloaded the car from the last CMP race but fret not Boondoggle racing has something in the works that will bring back honor and glory to CMP one day. As for now I will hopefully br dragging a tow in out of my facility to bring to the track for a team to use for parts if needed. BTW I heard CMP is in the process to have much of the track repaved and possibly a bit of a reconfigure too But I cannot confirm or deny this, I got it from a Russian friends email that I hacked .

And the block party is still the place where all of the cool kids will be

steve wrote:

BTW I heard CMP is in the process to have much of the track repaved and possibly a bit of a reconfigure too But I cannot confirm or deny this, I got it from a Russian friends email that I hacked .

As much as we would all LOVE for that to happen, that rumor has been circling around a long time.  The track has been put up for sale multiple times, so I can't see the current owners investing in big $$$ repave unless they are taking it off the market.

I love CMP, but the track's cheese grater surface is hell on tires, and the bathrooms are crappy on their best day.  I wish Jay would add VIR to the schedule instead.  Their facilities are MUCH nicer, and the track surface is really smooth.  Of course all that mean more $$$, so it sounds like a pipe dream.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!