Topic: Hyundai Accent: Inertia Cutoff Switch?

Anyone know if an 04 Hyundai Accent has an inertia cutoff switch? Dealing with a crank, no-start on one that has had a minor front end collision with no airbag deployment and no visible sensor damage.

All manual car. No antitheft as far as I know. But it's possible. Manual keys not a key fob. Battery was stone flat.

Re: Hyundai Accent: Inertia Cutoff Switch?

The internet tells me an inertia switch is a Ford thing, and that Hyundai's don't have them.

Many suggestions from various places were the fuel pump relay.

That guy

If you have an RPM signal (tach reading) the computer getting a crank signal and is likely telling the plugs and injectors to fire. Check for spark, this will indicate the computer has control. I can’t speak for the Accent but there is no fuel pressure port on the 2005 Kim Jong Elantra so checking for proper presure isn’t possible without a fancy factory adapter or terrifyingly adding in your own port..  Best crank no start troubleshooting is by ScannerDanner on YouTube.

If you don’t have an RPM signal (if the car doesn’t have a tach most OBD tools will show rpm as a data PID) then I would look for the 5 volt reference signal sent out to some of the sensors by the computer to see if the computer has control or not. This 5v reference signal will show up in places like the MAF or TPS. Depends on the car and engine mgmt system. I’ll check my Vantage pro in fhe next little bit and let you know what wires to check. If no 5v ref you’ll want to check computer power feed and grounds. You’ll  need an ECU pinout for this. Many people will condem the computer over a bad ground.

Good luck.

Problem solved: bad connection on the crank position sensor.