1 (edited by OnkelUdo 2018-08-03 07:14 AM)

Topic: HPR fall...trying to help an idiot in Oregon

Lets say there was an idiot in Oregon that wants an RX7 from Michigan (seriously, why?).  We already know he is not smart for sooooo many reasons.

Now lets say we already have transportation to Chicagoland for said poor life choice.

Who is going to HPR fall from Chicagoland (can likely loan you folks a trailer) that could transport?

Who is going from HPR way west that could tranport said terrible life choice without the assistance of my trailer?

This is an official request to activate the improbable Lemons coast-to-coast poor decisions relay netowrk.  I have participated twice and it is as rewarding as a hernia check but I still encourage it.  I am not smart and neither are you.

Re: HPR fall...trying to help an idiot in Oregon

Seriously?  A Mazda?  In Michigan?  ("A tiger?  In Africa?")

Said idiot should proclaim himself proudly (assumption justified because no woman would sign up for this abuse).  I, too, enjoy the rewards of each and every hernia check, and give two nuts up for the brilliance of this plan.

Hazzah to all the trailer-loaners of the world. 

Noting that HPR Fall is exactly one week after the last event said idiot was hoping to run (Smells Like AMC Spirit - Oct. 13-14), is there an "even- poorer-decisions-relay-network" available for someone driving a vehicle cross country?  How Lemony is it through the Dakotas and Montana?

I'm just asking for a friend.  I'm not smart, but jeez, I'm not THAT dumb.

OnkelUdo wrote:

[edited]Lets say there was an Oregonian that wants an RX7 from Michigan .....

^ Makes perfect sense. Rescuer mentality, superhuman dedication.

Isn't that why Lemons in the first place?

FREE THE WANKELS!  [edited, fixed]

4 (edited by OnkelUdo 2018-08-03 07:15 AM)

bilcoh wrote:

Noting that HPR Fall is exactly one week after the last event said idiot was hoping to run (Smells Like AMC Spirit - Oct. 13-14), is there an "even- poorer-decisions-relay-network" available for someone driving a vehicle cross country?  How Lemony is it through the Dakotas and Montana?

I'm just asking for a friend.  I'm not smart, but jeez, I'm not THAT dumb.

Why yes there is!  I could point to to Lemons crash pads from Chicago to just past Minneapolis.  Then I could find the (rarely updated) Google map of all teams willing or able to disclose their location.  I suspect there will be a wide open empty space about 1 mile after Saint Cloud that stretches allllll the way to Spokane.

FYI, I am that dumb but I am still would not try to drive a Lemons wankel further than the lift we were going to use to yank it out.