1 (edited by chaase 2018-08-13 07:33 AM)

Topic: Lots of fun at Thompson

Congratulations to all of those that made it through another wild, wet weekend at Thompson. As usual, it was nice catching up with all of our Lemons friends. We are still working out the kinks in the little white wagon, but we were on the track the majority of the time and turning laps so it was a successful weekend!

Sincerely,
Elmo's Revenge

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Re: Lots of fun at Thompson

We had an absolute blast. I love rain driving, and the saab is a rock star in it.

Thanks everyone for keeping a good head on your shoulders sunday in the worst of the rain, things could have gotten ugly that day, but seemed to stay mostly sane.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Had a great time this weekend in the Corvette.  It finished its first race clean and with only a clogged catalytic converter sidelining us for an hour on Saturday.  Sunday was just stay alive and clean.  Finished 61st.  Glad the Dahlin Boys Acura driver is okay.  That was a nasty crash in turn 1.  Happy that no one else was hurt.  It could have been much worse.  Videos are already circulating on Facebook.

Great time racing with everyone and hope to see both Vette's out on the track soon.

The Defeat Device Mid-Engine 1979 Chevette
Fastest / craziest Chevette driver in America!

Yeah we had a blast as well.  Had fun mixing it up on Saturday morning with everyone, despite what an AWFUL SLOW rain driver I am, at least i got some good dry running in there for a while (until the brake rotor decided it wanted to leave).  The rest of my team also had a blast.  Unfortunately windshield fog and a broken passenger door that wouldn't stay closed ended our Sunday a little early.  Looking forward to Loudon.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

RogueLeader wrote:

Yeah we had a blast as well.  Had fun mixing it up on Saturday morning with everyone, despite what an AWFUL SLOW rain driver I am, at least i got some good dry running in there for a while (until the brake rotor decided it wanted to leave).  The rest of my team also had a blast.  Unfortunately windshield fog and a broken passenger door that wouldn't stay closed ended our Sunday a little early.  Looking forward to Loudon.

We had fogging issues to deal with as well. We may install one of those universal kits to give you electric defroster like a rear window.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Those kits are worth every penny. We installed one after we removed the AC system from the saab. My windshield started to fog sunday and it took like 15 seconds with the system on to clear (we do have the HVAC still blowing on the windshield). It works so much better than relying on any other coating.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

We had a great  weekend.  For the first time, the old Audi couldn't think of a new way to break and ran like a clock all weekend.  We actually finished in the top half of the field.   Something new.  I have a feeling that we'd better not get used to it. 

Gins & Tonic flowed freely Sat night.

The front straight was a thrilling place to be on Sunday during the downpour.  Great fun, though.

Our second race in the Batmobile.  We had a much better race than our first "I Got Screwed" award winning 9 laps at NHMS. No black flags and we placed 30th overall.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

We at FMC were absolutely floored to not only pass tech (albeit Sat AM because of our exhaust), but also to run laps in the double digits and come away with a frickin' award at our first race.

We couldn't have done it without Yuri and co. from Great Gobs of Oil, Tom from Farfrumwinnin and especially Lucky Seven Racing who helped us troubleshoot our alternator wiring issue so we could get back out Sunday and grab checkered. We'd also like to thank Jeff, Chris and Chrissy from 3 Pedal Mafia/Everyone Racers, DelSolTrain and the guys running the Fiero for the encouragement and advice.

Hopefully we'll be back for Loudon for more laps and faster times, or at the very least, to disseminate more Brazilian food and quality soda among the masses.

March 2016 bought running 1988 VW Fox Wagon
March 2016 - Spring 2018 Car was on its side with no engine
2018 Thompson Organizers' Choice (25 laps)
2019 Thompson Judges' Choice (58 laps) NHMS Judges' Choice (74 laps)

pantalonesconqueso wrote:

We at FMC were absolutely floored to not only pass tech (albeit Sat AM because of our exhaust), but also to run laps in the double digits and come away with a frickin' award at our first race.

We couldn't have done it without Yuri and co. from Great Gobs of Oil, Tom from Farfrumwinnin and especially Lucky Seven Racing who helped us troubleshoot our alternator wiring issue so we could get back out Sunday and grab checkered. We'd also like to thank Jeff, Chris and Chrissy from 3 Pedal Mafia/Everyone Racers, DelSolTrain and the guys running the Fiero for the encouragement and advice.

Hopefully we'll be back for Loudon for more laps and faster times, or at the very least, to disseminate more Brazilian food and quality soda among the masses.

Happy to help and loved seeing you guys on track.  Hope you can get it together for Loudon let me know if you need any more advice.  If I don't know the answer I can at least make some shit up that sounds right.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Ugh...THE FOG!  We were doing great until 45min before the end of day 2 when our windshield completely fogged over! Sucked...that will not be happening again! Great catching up with everybody.

1998 Ford Ranger 4.0 High Output
Organizers Choice Award Thompson Motor Speedway 2017
Class C Winners NHMS 2018
Hit'em With the Hein