1 (edited by peakay 2018-08-14 08:38 AM)

Topic: Can I drop in on the Rally in San Pedro, CA 8/21?

Hey there,

We are working on a Lemons car that is taking longer than planned and see that the Rally is coming by my area.  Was considering coming by the San Pedro check point on 8/21.

Good idea?  Will there be any goings on/things to see or does everyone pretty much just pull in and go to sleep for the night??

Re: Can I drop in on the Rally in San Pedro, CA 8/21?

There are usually three groups of arrivals:

(1) Those who arrive really late because of some combination of earlier mechanical issues, getting lost on the way, and/or being really slow (applies to drivers and to vehicles) usually just go to sleep.

(2) Those who make it to the hotel with unresolved mechanical issues will often stay in the parking lot for many hours, wrenching, sometimes with success.

(3) Those who arrive early with a vehicle in need of no work may very well socialize, but I'm usually in one of the first two groups so I'm mostly taking this part on hearsay.

You can hang out with at least two of these three groups, so overall I'd say it's worth a shot. Keep in mind the second group may end up putting you to work.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Re: Can I drop in on the Rally in San Pedro, CA 8/21?

I think im going to try and head down into the Yuma checkpoint from phoenix tomorrow evening. hopefully I can be of assistance and help people out and hangout and stuff!

anything in particular i should bring? im prepping for my first Lemons race next spring so i want to meet people and get to know the scene a little better.