Topic: Pre-CMP Tail of the Dragon ride/drive

Since I am towing a long way to CMP and I am back into street motorcycles, I am making a mini-vacation of CMP.  I will swing in on the KnoxVegas camp the Saturday before and maybe go for a ride on Sunday with one of their guys but I am parking the tow rig at a friend's house in Blacksburg, SC then riding the north and east part of the Smoky Mountain loop Wednesday stopping at the Deal Gap Motorcycle Resort for the night and meeting up with a teammate riding my spare motorcycle down from Chicago.  We will run the Tail of the Dragon (at least) together Thursday morning and might throw in a bit of the Lakes ride...then I have to get back to Blackburg to pick up the rig and make CMP by 5 PM'ish.  Anyone interested in joining in with their bike or car?

I am no longer an agressive rider on the street but still drag a peg every now and then.  The 1995 Concours I am riding is not yet sorted enough to push it anyway.  The BMW F650CS my teammate is riding is another story.  The tight, technical, not fast, nature of the roads are perfect for that bike.

PM me if interested.

Re: Pre-CMP Tail of the Dragon ride/drive

Are you talking the thursday before the race? If so, I might be interested; I was thinking of bringing the street neon down for that race. and running the tail.

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

Yep...Thursday 9/13 starting in the reasonable AM.

oof. That means 7 hours after work to make it there by evening. I'll see what I can do.

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions