1 (edited by antjbloom 2018-08-15 06:25 PM)

Topic: Video of the Triumph and Minivan Incident?

I am the driver of the TR8, #206. Our camera stopped working for that stint and I was curious about what happened.
Congrats to team #300 on getting right back out there for such a good cause, racing for awareness of hydrocephalus.

2 (edited by RedBoss 2018-08-21 10:41 AM)

Re: Video of the Triumph and Minivan Incident?

Not my video.  Hard to see with all the rain but it looks like you may have lost it in that puddle that you see the 288 go straight through behind you.  You might have still been turning.  I think the only turn that did not have a puddle or stream of water was turn 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nMGDvA0AwY

Re: Video of the Triumph and Minivan Incident?

Great job to both teams for getting their cars back out :-) thankfully no injuries.

I think in my eyes looked like just a perfect storm of things happened there.

That looked like the top of the uphill portion coming out of the final turn. Hitting that puddle while the suspension was trying to settle from being extended did not help at all. I couldn't tell if the brakes were hit, but that would definitely spin the car at that precise moment. Lifting off the throttle at that moment also could have led to it. Not exactly sure but those are 2 of my theories. Was not in car and can't see in car so this is just stipulation. I am sure others will have better input then me.

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.