Topic: Recommended Racing Seat for 1998 Neon

Hi all,  We are putting together a 1998 Neon and need some recommendations for a seat.   The car is pretty small and the drivers are six foot tall with 40 inch waists.  Initial measurement from looking at seat specs seems like it will be a tight fit to fit the drivers and meet all the meons rules.

Any suggestions as to a seat that is a good fit for a Neon?  Thanks in advance.

/Chuck

Re: Recommended Racing Seat for 1998 Neon

Seat recommendations,no.  If you are worried about height clearance, several teams ran a bar from the top part of the cage through the roof to make sure they had room.

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

moose72 wrote:

Seat recommendations,no.  If you are worried about height clearance, several teams ran a bar from the top part of the cage through the roof to make sure they had room.

+1

Layback is also your friend if you can stand it, I run a kirkey intermediate with 20 deg lay back in my Enduro car and have tons of room and it's comfy for the HR+ I'm normally in it

https://www.kirkeyracing.com/product/10 … 20-LAYBACK

I'm also 6'4"

Whatever you do, make the car work around the seat that properly fits your drivers.

The seat is a safety system. The car isn’t.

Check out the Ultrashield seats. They come in big sizes and are built sturdier than Kirkey.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport