Re: CMP - Hurricane

Hopefully there are no hurricanes in November.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

Check your emails this afternoon for further details (might be a minute yet), but we're postponing the race to November.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

proto17 wrote:
n0m4d wrote:
proto17 wrote:

Anyone have tips for anchoring pavilions/canopies in windy conditions?  I purchased some 18" steaks and some that screw into the ground.  I also have walls for my pavilion so I'm thinking that it will help keep the whole thing from trying to take off.  Thoughts?

Use ratchet straps to tether the upper frame corners to your spare wheels/tires (or one strap from the center to a wheel in the middle of the ezup).  Skip the steaks, this works and uses stuff that you already should have lying around.

Oh yeah, forgot about the tires and boxes upon boxes of parts and tools.  We've had issues with the larger pavilion (10' x 15' http://a.co/d/j5sZtTg) dancing around even with tires and boxes.  So I'll def use the tires and boxes first, but might have to add additional rigging with the steaks. 

I have to assume that any canopy without walls is going to be useless at this event.  I'm assuming that the wind is going to be changing direction a lot too.  Gonna be an interesting event!

moot point with the race postponed, but if yo'ure in any kind of sustained or gusty winds, use something a LOT more substantial to hold down your tent. Ratchet strap it to your tow vehicle and trailer. one on either side. Tires are fine for light wind, but they are not heavy enough to combat serious gusts.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

54 (edited by Ken_K 2018-09-12 09:59 AM)

The race has been called off.  Tentatively rescheduled for the first weekend in November.  Check Facebook and your email.

therood wrote:

Check your emails this afternoon for further details (might be a minute yet), but we're postponing the race to November.

I cannot express how much stress relief this is. Our team greatly appreciates the rescheduling.

Captain, For Parts Only (Team FPO)
#111 VW Golf - Currently Orange with tiger stripes (Calvin and Hobbes theme)

GoFastEnthusiast wrote:
therood wrote:

I cannot express how much stress relief this is. Our team greatly appreciates the rescheduling.

Agreed - now to go sell our Gas at a mild markup next to the stations here in Raleigh that are out

Yay, capitalism!! ;-)

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

I'm actually relieved. I was not really comfortable with leaving my family in NC to deal with the storm, especially while I'm out in BFE SC where cell phones don't work.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

GoFastEnthusiast wrote:
therood wrote:

Us too!

BTW, any idea if the parade/block party will still happen at the rescheduled event?  We look forward to that part of the fall race every year.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

According to the Lemons website, yes.

https://24hoursoflemons.com/race/?id=212

Kudos to the Lemons staff for keeping us informed (I started getting emails about the potential storm impact on Sunday) and making the right call here.  And for making the extra effort to reschedule this thing, block party and parade and all.  Heck, November might even be better- it ought to be cooler then.  And we even gain an hour that weekend on Saturday night, so, you know, extra time to fix our broken race cars!

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

mechimike wrote:

And we even gain an hour that weekend on Saturday night, so, you know, extra time to fix our broken race cars!

Ohh, Ohh!  Start doing a yearly 25 hour race, maybe even have some special awards for the fastest lap or most laps in the "extra" hour.  So many options for Twilight Zone references.

dfrmn wrote:
mechimike wrote:

And we even gain an hour that weekend on Saturday night, so, you know, extra time to fix our broken race cars!

Ohh, Ohh!  Start doing a yearly 25 hour race, maybe even have some special awards for the fastest lap or most laps in the "extra" hour.  So many options for Twilight Zone references.

Sounds cool, but knowing how slapdash AMB is, their timing and scoring probably crashes at the time change.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport