Topic: Pitstop

I know I've seen a thread or two on the topic, but my search skills are letting me down tonight.

The rules say you can't do anything else to the car while fueling, but once you are done fueling, what can be done in the pits without having to go behind the wall?  Torque lug nuts, clean windshield, check anything under the hood?

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

Re: Pitstop

In the hot pit, you can refuel the car and reload the ice in your cool-suit cooler. That’s it. Anything else, proceed to your paddock.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

Yup, Lemons allows almost nothing in the hot pits. Rational I've heard is that they don't want to start down the rulebook expanding path of trying to define what is ok and what isn't and then have to police those that try to push the boundaries.

Additionally, some tracks do not have large hot pits, and if you had teams trying to fix things and taking up space you'd quickly overwhelm the available space with 100+ cars all on track trying to find fueling space.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

Yup, Lemons allows almost nothing in the hot pits. Rational I've heard is that they don't want to start down the rulebook expanding path of trying to define what is ok and what isn't and then have to police those that try to push the boundaries.

Additionally, some tracks do not have large hot pits, and if you had teams trying to fix things and taking up space you'd quickly overwhelm the available space with 100+ cars all on track trying to find fueling space.

/agree

Some tracks are worse than others too. We actually got black flagged because someone looked under the car. HQ lets us go but it still costs us time off the track.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner