Topic: njmp

I see the jersey race was moved from may to june (thank god) 2019
It states we will be racing on the lightning track verses the usual, thunderbolt. Anyone know the validity of this?
Thanks in advanced

Re: njmp

The dong track? man, that seals it, I think we're going to skip NJMP next year.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

3 (edited by RobL 2018-11-18 08:48 AM)

If it's posted, and it is, then that's gospel. 

If it wasn't only 45 minutes away, I'd consider not going.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

How long has it been since we ran Lightning? 2011? 12? Near as makes no difference its "new" again to me and my gang of idiots. Pittsburgh, 24hrs at CMP and NJMP all in 8 weeks? Gonna be a busy spring!

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

5 (edited by RobL 2018-11-18 02:35 PM)

It's not that it's a new/old track.  The trip around the bowl tends to eat wheel bearings and oil starve engines.  I don't even like doing it on track days.

We had planned on doing the 24 at CMP, but with the Pitt race so close, and being a new track, that is going to take priority.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

The last time we ran on Lightning was about 5 builds ago; we were so slow none of that was even a factor. But come to think of it, last race there we spun a minty fresh 4-bolt SBC in about 2 hours, so maybe you have a point...

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

It's too close to home for us to skip so we will be there.  The sacrifice of Lightning to add Pittsburgh seems worth it.  Just hope next year is better planned and we are back on Thunderbolt.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix