Topic: Sonoma: Fire effecting anything seriously?

Looking forward to the race, wanted some local input on how things look up there- choking smoke in the air? No hope of getting a motel anywhere in the Central Valley? Trying to understand if it's business as usual or if the fires have really disrupted things up that way. We are hauling from Phoenix leaving  early Thurs morning.

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Re: Sonoma: Fire effecting anything seriously?

Total disaster of course for those within the 150,000 acres that burned, but the fire is now 100% contained. The prevailing winds shifted from NE to W last week, so the air is clear. Should be business as usual, especially given this week's forecast.

The air is all clear up here.
Best bet for hotel would be Vallejo, its about a 15-20 minute drive depending on which side of town you choose.  Or Novato which is 10-15 minutes. 
Novato is much nicer (and safer than Vallejo) but the hotels might fill up faster.  If you stay in Vallejo make sure to leave nothing in the back of you truck that can be removed without a forklift, it will walk away.

Thanks for the word. Glad to hear that the air is clear. Having stayed in Vallejo, I agree with your assessment:)

We're planning to camp at the track, it was more a "plan B" question regarding staying in the I-5 corridor... Suppose we get caught up in tow rig issues and aren't going to make it the whole way there Thurs night, would suck if the whole region is booked. Ditto for rolling home Sunday, we usually run out of gumption around Buttonwillow on our way home.

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

I'm local, but I still book a hotel for the weekend in Novato for the Sears races.  I just did it today, so I'd say business as usual.  Drive safe, see you soon!

-Brian
Team Rotary Rooter