Topic: Champ car to Lemons

Hey guys I had a question for a couple buddies of mine. They are running a Miata that they bought and ran with champcar. It is an older scca/nasa built miata. Anyways its built to scca/nasa/champ cage rules. It has a Cage built with DOM 1.5 inch .095 wall tubing. This meets the rules for everywhere else for cars sub 2500lbs. Car weighs about 2350lbs fully loaded.

So with the current Lemons rules this car would not be able to come play without a whole new cage as Lemons says under 3000lbs needs 1.5 inch .120 wall tubing. Just trying to get an answer for them.

Re: Champ car to Lemons

1.5" .095 would not be allowed in Lemons.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

3 (edited by Spank 2018-12-14 01:16 PM)

Fishah wrote:

What he said.

If you want to get a 100% for certain answer (as in "I know the rules say blah BUT...") , you can email jay@24hoursoflemons.com jeff@24hoursoflemons.com and/or pagel@24hoursoflemons.com

Please post their response...

Spank wrote:
Fishah wrote:

What he said.

If you want to get a 100% for certain answer (as in "I know the rules say blah BUT...") , you can email jay@24hoursoflemons.com jeff@24hoursoflemons.com and/or pagel@24hoursoflemons.com

Please post their response...

You'll also want to include many pics of the cage layout, spreader plates, welds, door bars, etc.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

Going to send an email to Lemons and see. Buddies would have to get pictures of the car as its in storage for the off season. They just want to come play with us.

So Jay said that they would need a new cage, new car or just continue to race with another series. So I guess they will stay with Champ car for now.