Topic: Building new California team for established car - Billy Beer Futura

OMG, I don't even know how long it has been since I have been in the forums, and it has been about 3 years since our car has been able to make a race, but 2019 is our comeback year.

Hello, for those that don't know me I am Bryan "Woody" Wood on Facebook, and I built and raced the Billy Beer Ford Fairmont Futura with straight six power; a perennial class C contender. Unfortunately I became a professional writer and couldn't afford to race, plus my ability to drive seems to have been negatively affected by all my keyboard clicking.

Looking to rebuild the team and run the car at Sears Point in spring, but I need to find some new team members, hopefully up in the San Leandro, CA area, because that is where the car is, but I am in Los Angeles. Yes I know, and I will cross post this in the teams looking for drivers/drivers looking for teams section.

our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PileDriverz/

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Re: Building new California team for established car - Billy Beer Futura

Hey! Welcome back to the madness! You oughta bring that sucker to AZ... A bit hard if it's in the Bay Area, I admit...

#888-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500: formerly known as OMG Racing #140...
Judges Choice and Regional Award winner! Chuckwalla '12, Buttonwillow '13, BFE GP '15, Miller '14 & '15, Sonoma '13,'14,'15,'17, '18. Inde '16,'17,'18. Other foolishness: Finisher of the inaugural Lemons Rally, in the black Jag.... and IOE in the Super Snipe back in '12.

Well, I figured we would try to run Sonoma, then bring it back to L.A. where I still live

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Hello Parkwod60.

I know the Billy Beer car. I have driven for B and C Class Lemon teams for the 2015 and 2014 Thunderhill races. I also have raced at Buttonwillow (2014 and 2016).

I have started straight six build ... but you know of the big gap between "starting" and FIELDING an entry.

I too live in Los Angeles... have been away from Lemons for a bit. I need a fix.

I try to be a fun(ny ) guy - not a funny driver... but can post decent times... and will follow orders ... wrench... and cook (if you trust me).

Are you considering the MAY Thunderhill Race?