26 (edited by DirtyDuc 2019-02-18 02:09 PM)

Re: D-Bags is Coming Up. Who's In?

Fishah wrote:
mharrell wrote:
DirtyDuc wrote:

The weather is looking fantastic this weekend...

Yes, my wife and I are looking forward to heading south for the race to get away from all this freezing weather Seattle has been having.

Too bad it's gonna be colder at the track than it will be in Seattle this weekend sad

Highs are predicted to be a balmy 42, with lows down to 20. They regularly are optimistic about lows... By 10-20 degrees.

That guy

I was really looking forward to a nice weekend with the guys. Cooking out and drinking beer by the race cars. Now it's looking more like sipping hot coffee and huddled nuts to butts In the sprinter van

Owner/Captain of The 27 Club E46. Phoenix, AZ
and now the #95 Thunderbird

28 (edited by Fishah 2019-02-27 04:07 PM)

So did anyone else sign up and pay for the test day that was cancelled?

Am I unreasonable to expect a refund for that? Anyone else in the same boat?

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

29 (edited by Fishah 2019-02-27 01:48 PM)

And on another note, we had a great time. Thanks everyone for the fun weekend. Hopefully we didn't drive too dickish? Our car was running amazingly well for the first time and I think we were having too much fun at times.

3 black flags in ten minutes killed our shot at a Class B win, but we really enjoyed sharing the track with everyone. My only regret was never getting a clean lap and a real shot at Fast Lap of the race.

Fishah wrote:

I didn't pay for the test day but I'm pretty sure I turned my fastest lap of the weekend on Friday while driving Judge Steve's Civic around the track to help break up the snow, indeed possibly my fastest lap ever at Inde. Good times.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:
Fishah wrote:

I didn't pay for the test day but I'm pretty sure I turned my fastest lap of the weekend on Friday while driving Judge Steve's Civic around the track to help break up the snow, indeed possibly my fastest lap ever at Inde. Good times.

Wait...Judge Steve in a Civic...no Cherokee?  PLEASE tell me it is not a rental and you have pictures.

OnkelUdo wrote:

Wait...Judge Steve in a Civic...no Cherokee?  PLEASE tell me it is not a rental and you have pictures.

Age and condition both strongly suggest it wasn't a rental. He said it was his, but I didn't think to check the paperwork; all I know for sure is that he had a key for it, although in hindsight I never actually saw him drive it himself. Sorry, no pictures.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Fishah wrote:

Am I unreasonable to expect a refund for that? Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm not in the same boat (I argue loudly against paying for practice day in general) but no, ya paid your money and showed up. I'd think that at least a partial refund should be coming back.

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

I didn't think you guys drove badly but a penalty box hat trick is hard to argue with smile

Apparently to make a Chevy V8 sound better, you need to wrap it in Porsche sheet metal. The bass frequency announced its arrival before I could see it in the mirrors...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

They got back to me and offered a make-up day instead of a refund, which is best-case scenario as far as I'm concerned.

mharrell wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

Age and condition both strongly suggest it wasn't a rental. He said it was his, but I didn't think to check the paperwork; all I know for sure is that he had a key for it, although in hindsight I never actually saw him drive it himself. Sorry, no pictures.

He got it for free-fitty.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com