Topic: pit setup / track on/off @ pitt

anyone kno which paddock area we will be using and how they will route the traffic for cars coming on and off the track during the race ?  they usually set it up as a one way loop through the paddock but where will track on / pit in be ?  our car usually requires a lot of pushing by hand after they drag it off the track ,  , just trying to plan accordingly . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

spectator "Lamest Day 09",DNF "American Irony" 2010,DNS "Capitol Offense"2010,DNF "Gingervitis"2011,DNF"ShowroomShlock"2011 maybe someday....                                                                                     
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
"luckily I didnt go into the mountain,.......I went over the cliff. I was doin 300 MPH sideways and 100 ft. down at the same time............"

Re: pit setup / track on/off @ pitt

I suspect we will have the upper garages to the middle garages, to the end of pit lane.

If that fills up, we will work back from the lower garages, away from the track.

Padock to Pit lane is in the middle of Pit Lane. At least that is the main one. There is also a padock to pit lane ramp at either end of pit lane.

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

For the two ChumpCar races we entered to the right of the timing tower and exited in the middle of pit lane.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

Hey Bruce, here's a decent track map that (if zoomed in) shows little arrows for the pit in/pit out spots, as well as the official 220V reservable camping spots.  Gimme a call or an email, LMK what your travel/lodging plan is.  Your forum email is DOA.

https://autointerests.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/PittRace%20Track%20Map.png

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

Three real bathrooms, what luxury.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

That looks like a fun track!

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

Reserved an electric spot for our camper and got some info from the track.
The gates open to 24HL by 6pm thurs. The gates will be open continuously through the weekend, so late night team arrivals are OK.
There are reservable electric RV spots in the paddock for $25/day. She said there weren't too many left.
There are not water or sewer hookups at any of the RV spots.

Jim C.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

Reserved an electric spot for our camper and got some info from the track.
The gates open to 24HL by 6pm thurs. The gates will be open continuously through the weekend, so late night team arrivals are OK.
There are reservable electric RV spots in the paddock for $25/day. She said there weren't too many left.
There are not water or sewer hookups at any of the RV spots.

Jim

Are you bringing the Veedub?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

I don't know what the status of our old TDI-swapped GTI is. The guy who took it over from me has fallen off the forum, Facebook, got divorced, etc. So I haven't been bugging him to get the racecar running for me.

On the plus side, I get to guest hoon Prime Suspect's leMonza, with junkyard fresh V6 swap.

Jim C.