Topic: Carbs made of Chinesium?

I was staggering around ebay today looking for a cheap used carb to rebuild and ran across some Chinese Holley knockoffs. I've seen a lotta videos of Chinese turbos, but never heard of anyone using a knockoff carb.

This is a 750cfm, more than I need but you get the point:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-750CFM-Dou … 2719021032

I want to say I'd never run a Chinese carb on anything I care about. But it looks like Holley is making carbs in China anyway. And for my Lemons cars I could make an exception.

Anyone ever run one of these? Usually, when a Chinese factory makes knockoffs the quality improves because they're saving money on licensing costs, right?

Low Road Racing:  Stylemaster/Mustang II/Sunbird/Spirit AMX

We will not compromise our morals and build anything but a class C car.
"You take the high road, we'll take the low."

Re: Carbs made of Chinesium?

I've heard quality is hit or miss. I've got a Chinese Mikuni knockoff for my Trabant that looks okay, but I haven't used it yet.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

I've use them for a couple of small engines (Tecumseh 5 horse on a snow blower) and my only complaint is things that should be corrosion resistant, aren't...had to re-use the float bowl from the old carb as the bowl rusted in one season even though I had dropped it over winter.to empty it.

4 (edited by Fishah 2019-03-13 10:08 AM)

I have a Holley 600 that I bought new last year @ $350, but took off and replaced with a quadrajet.

It has less than two races on it.

I'll match the Ebay Price of $191 shipped if you want it.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Fishah wrote:

I have a Holley 600 that I bought new last year @ $350, but took off and replaced with a quadrajet.

It has less than two races on it.

I'll match the Ebay Price of $191 shipped if you want it.

Thanks but I'm looking for the elusive baby Holley: the 390cfm #8007.

Low Road Racing:  Stylemaster/Mustang II/Sunbird/Spirit AMX

We will not compromise our morals and build anything but a class C car.
"You take the high road, we'll take the low."

FWIW, the Holley carb conversion the rotaries use is a 465cfm

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)