Topic: HANS for really tall driver

Does anyone know if there is a special head and neck restraint for really tall guys with giraffe necks?

One of our drivers is 6'-6" and the bottom of the back of his helmet rides over the top of the back of our HANS III.  After searching on line I can't find anything regarding proper fit of the back of the HANS to the back of the helmet.  But every picture I find shows the back of the head and neck restraint behind the back of the helmet...

Can another tall guy give us a clue?

Re: HANS for really tall driver

Simpson Hybrid fits everyone eventually...

https://simpsonraceproducts.com/hybrid/hybrid-sport/

US is not the cheap way to buy but if you have time constraints.

CAVEAT: I work for HANS Performance Products. Thank you for the opportunity of posting.
You should try and find an older HANS Device, with the tall square back, called the Professional Series. These are 30mm higher in the rear collar area. Not very available new so maybe eBay etc. Good luck. Contact me directly if you have questions about frontal head restraints: Gary Milgrom, VP HANS Performance Products, info (at) hansdevice.com

Gary Milgrom wrote:

CAVEAT: I work for HANS Performance Products. Thank you for the opportunity of posting.
You should try and find an older HANS Device, with the tall square back, called the Professional Series. These are 30mm higher in the rear collar area. Not very available new so maybe eBay etc. Good luck. Contact me directly if you have questions about frontal head restraints: Gary Milgrom, VP HANS Performance Products, info (at) hansdevice.com

Thanks for posting Gary. That is seriously cool.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

Hans products are great, but I also had a similar problem, and found them uncomfortable.
And I am 6ft 4 or 5 in....

Maybe look at other manufactures that don't have the tall thing in the back
I bought a Leatt, and I like it.
There are also NeckGen and ZTech on the Lemons web site that look like they would be good for you

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

OnkelUdo wrote:

Simpson Hybrid fits everyone eventually...

https://simpsonraceproducts.com/hybrid/hybrid-sport/

US is not the cheap way to buy but if you have time constraints.

I'm 6'4" long necked, and like my hybrid, actually makes belting in easier, imo