Topic: Thompson speedway questions

Does anyone know if any tire companies will be there with the ability to install tires. I know some tracks do and some don't. We are just trying to plan for worse case scenario if we pick up a bolt or self tappers and have to switch out tires.

Re: Thompson speedway questions

I have never seen one there. 

Bill

2020 I.O.E. CT #36 The Rootes Of All Evil,1958 Sunbeam Rapier Convertible (YES 1958!!) & 2019 Judges Choice NJMP
2016 Thompson Speedway #36 Sabrina Duncan's Revenge, IOE Trophy, 5th Place 'C' Class 1977 Ford Pinto
2009 Stafford Motor Speedway #16 Team Teflon, 11th Place (overall) 1997 Saturn SL2

East Coast doesn't seem to get the tire trucks.

Picking up something to puncture a tire seems to be very uncommon at races. not impossible, but not common.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

NJ race will have Yokahama this year, so they will likely be available to mount tires.
I always just bring 2 spare, mounted tires, just in case to all the races (3 per year), and have never had a flat, needed the spares over many years of racing with Lemons.

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

Bring spares of ALL consumables.  In auto racing, wheels are a consumable.  Drivers, too.  Bring 3 spares.

Wheels can be damaged in a crash or running over V8 engine swap debris.  Damage that would not put you out of the race. Unless you did not bring spares.  And the time it would take to have a wheel yanked off, run over to the tire guys and wait, etc.  You could just swap it and get back on track and get the rubber replaced at your leisure.