Topic: Jag XJ6 wheels and tires

We are building a 1984 Jag XJ6 for Lemons.  Does anyone know what 18-19" wheels and tires will fit this crapbucket? 
Thanks.

map

Re: Jag XJ6 wheels and tires

It appears old Jag XJs use a 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern with a 74mm hub bore. That's a classic GM bolt pattern, so something like a Corvette wheel should work?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

3 (edited by Type44 2019-04-05 05:39 PM)

Jaguar wheels are all the same pattern, I think the Vette wheels  would require a little machining cause the center hole is wrong. I would say that 18" factory Jaguar wheels, like on my 2003 XJ8 Sport, will fit fine, minor fender clearancing may be needed. I base this on that I have seen XJR 18" on several 1980s XJS coupes. And XJS wheels fit perfectly on an XJ6.

To clarify, I mean REAL Jags. Anything with a classic Jag IRS rear, I mean XJ,XK, be they 6,8,12 cyl. I got no idea what interchanges with S types, X types, or the like.

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Yes, stick with XJ.  S & X types use Ford pattern.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Yep, later XJ6, XJ8, XK8 all have the same bolt pattern, although I've found that the later wheels are a tight fit on the hub.
I kinda want to get a set of Corvette wagon wheels, but I have two sets of 17" XK8 wheels that are plenty big.  I still have clearance going from the stock 195s to the 245s that are on it now.

Where are you guys based out of, and which races are you planning on going to?

Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LSF16/016-IMG_2464.html

Thanks all for the info!

The team is based in Monrovia, Ca. Most of the members are in the LA area although I am in Lawrence, Ks and another member is in the Seattle area,  We are shooting for Button Willow in September.

7 (edited by fleming95 2019-04-08 09:09 AM)

kcmike wrote:

We are building a 1984 Jag XJ6 for Lemons.  Does anyone know what 18-19" wheels and tires will fit this crapbucket? 
Thanks.

Best of luck - the last 'field of dreams' I saw was sadly short of that brand of crazy -

- and that said, I've seen the V12 flavor of crazy (and heard it - the Pendjero XJS coming up the straight at Sears was -!-)  - but has anyone run a plebian-grade 6-cylinder XJ with the automatic yet?

<edit>

Looks like it from a few posts up -

Yeah, my 85 had the 3 speed auto for the first 2 races.  Power shifting it from 2nd to 3rd killed that trans.  It's got a Z32 (300ZX) 5 speed now.  Still on the original 4.2 motor, only changed the head gasket.  It's also running the fuel on megasquirt, so much better throttle response.  Somewhere around 2,500 race miles, and 115K total on it and it's starting to leak oil like a proper British car. 
The 2 1/2" single exhaust made it so you could actually hear the exhaust over the engine noise when standing behind it. 

Good luck on the build