Topic: Suit suggestions!

Hey everyone, I'm looking into the Pyrotect suits sold on the Lemons online store. Having a little trouble gauging my size. I'm around 5'7, 175 lbs. Wear a large T-shirt, size 32 pants. Looking at the chart it seems like a medium or large would fit, but anyone have advice?

Also, looking at HANS devices, anyone used the ZTech 2A?

Re: Suit suggestions!

www.raceimage.com

Get a Necksgen. Comfortable, you won't regret it. You will highly regret an uncomfortable neck brace.

Go large.  Give yourself room for movement and beer expansion (or track food, or both).  I'm roughly the same dimensions.

NJMP '11--#132 (Speedycop), NJMP '12 to '16--#215 (Philthy Motorsports), NJMP '16--#75 Most Heroic Fix, NJMP '17--#75 (still drying out), NJMP '18--#75, NHMS '18 - #75 Datsun 510

802Impreza wrote:

Hey everyone, I'm looking into the Pyrotect suits sold on the Lemons online store. Having a little trouble gauging my size. I'm around 5'7, 175 lbs. Wear a large T-shirt, size 32 pants. Looking at the chart it seems like a medium or large would fit, but anyone have advice?

Also, looking at HANS devices, anyone used the ZTech 2A?

Make sure you use a measuring tape and measure all the things. 32 on your pants does not mean 32" waist.  You don't want it to be tight in the chest or crotch.  You can always shorten sleeves and legs.  Different brands fit differently.  The pyrotect is a nice starter kit.  Get the SFI-5 rated suit, not the single layer.  Many people start with the Pyrotect and may switch over time.  I am pretty sure the Lemons Pyrotect suit is treated cotton or something, not an aramid fabric like Nomex.

What does the rest of your team use for HANS?  We share a HANS Sport II on our team.  Everyone has their own posts.  The HANS Sport and NecksGen seem to be the most popular.  I bought my HANS on a UK site and it was much cheaper and had the same certifications.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

ross2004 wrote:

www.raceimage.com

+1 for http://www.raceimage.com/. I'd rather wear a used, professional quality suit than the cheapest suit that meets the spec but is brand new. Professional suits are way more comfortable and built to a higher standard. Plus you get to spread the love of bowling! 

http://www.raceimage.com/assets/images/fire5718a.jpg

There's no issue getting one slightly larger than needed, but big issues if it's a bit tight. I bought a spare suit for fueling that has turned into the team's 1st-race-loaner-suit-for-new-drivers. It's fits a very wide range of medium and big guys (size 50/36/29) yet us medium guys never notice it is oversize. Remember, you're wearing it while sitting on your ass. All the 2 piece suits I've seen have velcro tabs for adjusting the waist.

Low Road Racing:  Stylemaster/Mustang II/Sunbird/Spirit AMX

We will not compromise our morals and build anything but a class C car.
"You take the high road, we'll take the low."

I prefer 2 piece. Easier to mix and match to get a good fit and spending the day in a race suit with the arms tied at your waist is a PITA. Race image and eBay are your best bet. I’ve bought 3 different pro quality NASCAR suits on eBay, each for under $150.

Tri-Lamb Motorsports ‘87 528e