Topic: Thunderhill Thanks

I wanted to publicly thank a few folks and teams that helped us keep the Rolex running all weekend.

First and foremost, thanks to Jeff and the UOP team for generously lending us all the tools we failed to bring ourselves to the race. Oddly enough, what we chose to leave behind was exactly what we needed. Funny how that works, huh? In particular, Jeff let us use his welding setup...

...which leads to our second set of thanks to Mark and Team Valiant Effort. Mark took time out after the Saturday night potluck to help us mend a broken Watts link mount and a broken traction rod mount with his spectacular welding skills. Compared to my spattered and pitted welds, Mark's work was clean as a whistle, and tremendously strong to boot.

We wouldn't have been able to finish the race without either of their help, so our hats off to them for keeping us on track!

Team Co-Captain - Bodge Engineering - The Rolex (1981 Rover 3500 SD1 with Lexus 1UZ-FE V8) and the Sterling (1991 Sterling 827SL - Organizer's Choice and IOE winner!)

Re: Thunderhill Thanks

mrpeugeot wrote:

I wanted to publicly thank a few folks and teams that helped us keep the Rolex running all weekend.

First and foremost, thanks to Jeff and the UOP team for generously lending us all the tools we failed to bring ourselves to the race. Oddly enough, what we chose to leave behind was exactly what we needed. Funny how that works, huh? In particular, Jeff let us use his welding setup...

...which leads to our second set of thanks to Mark and Team Valiant Effort. Mark took time out after the Saturday night potluck to help us mend a broken Watts link mount and a broken traction rod mount with his spectacular welding skills. Compared to my spattered and pitted welds, Mark's work was clean as a whistle, and tremendously strong to boot.

We wouldn't have been able to finish the race without either of their help, so our hats off to them for keeping us on track!

You guys were great pit neighbors last weekend, glad our team could help.  And by our team I mean Mark and not myself because my welds suck also.  Mark isn't on the forum but I'll pass your thanks along to him.

-Jon (Valiant Effort)