Topic: Driving Suit Recommendations

I'm a big guy, 6'2, 300 lbs. I need to get a suit and am looking for advice. Seems to me I would rather have a SFI 3.2A/5 rated suit so I could avoid the fire retardant long johns. Are two piece suits allowed? Seems to me a two piece suit would be easier to get in and out of. Any guide to what size is appropriate. Some XXXL stuff is too big for me and other XXXL stuff is just right. Just a going by size ratings seems to be asking for trouble. I don't have an unlimited budget, but I don't feel the need to skimp on a the suit either. Any particular brand I should avoid...or look for?

Re: Driving Suit Recommendations

There are eBay stores that sell used NASCAR gear. I am a funny shape so I find it’s easier to get a good fit with a 2 piece. I’ve scored multilayer Sparco, Simpson and Impact suits all for under $150 each. You will also hear about a website called race image that sells used pro stuff but I’ve had better luck with the eBay folks. Lemons is okay with 2 piece but other series may not be (SCORE requires 1 piece).

Tri-Lamb Motorsports ‘87 528e

I'm about the same size and was having problem finding a good fitting shit. Join The Racing Warehouse group on Facebook.  The have an eBay page too to look at inventory.  They will typically give a better rate through messaging Linda in the Facebook group.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

RJS will make 2 layer one piece suits for $400ish (if I remember) their ok to work with, didn't communicate a whole lot, but nice quality

https://www.rjsracing.com/sizing-charts

Try Race Image  http://www.raceimage.com/

Lots of used Nascar crew suits on there.  One and two piece.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

6'-4" 300 lbs. Comfort Mammal. (Clabo term)
The "onesies" never fit well (long torso)
I wear a SFI 3.2 "2-piece" 
The waist band in firesuits pants are pretty weak
Heavy duty carpenter suspenders help tremendously
and keep the pants from riding down in the race seat

'ported, relieved, with bored-out arm rests, and oversize seat covers.

Being cheap but looking for the best is hard, raceimage.com has been a great source of high end, almost new suits for 2 purchases now, most are nascar crew suits, these guys are built like football players, large chest and legs on the stuff they have sent. As a skinny guy, I have grown accustomed to having the choice to go out practically nude under, running baggy on sweltering days, or loading up on jeans/undergarments for freezing days.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

I am 6'6" and around 260, I have tried one and 2 piece suits and the 2 piece is the way to go. and as most of the other reply's, www.raceimage.com is the way to go for a good SFi 3.2 suit... know your chest, waist and length and 9 times out of 10 you can find a complete suit. or even piece one together off the sight.

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

racesuit rentals rents suite for relatively cheap. Good way to test out some seizes and suits.