Topic: Heartland Parked- Who's coming and in for the potluck?

This is the official roll call post for the Topeka race.  Team Skid Steer will be there with the Bobcat and we will have a taco bar set up for racers and spectators.  Question is, do we have the potluck on Friday or Saturday night?  Post up if you'll be there and if you want to participate in the feeding of the masses.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Mercury Bobcat

Re: Heartland Parked- Who's coming and in for the potluck?

Team Flat Face Racing is happy to provide a tasty simple inoffensive all-natural chili.  Either night is cool with us!

Apocalyptic Racing will be keen for either night have a garage and can host if hot or wet or windy or locusts.
Will provide tasty Meatballs

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Deferred Maintenance Racing will be there.  New team anticipating being busy Friday fixing tech issues and Saturday fixing everything else that will go wrong.  Either night works for us, maybe we will surprise ourselves and end up with some free time to hang out.  Well bring a few sides from whatever costco has to offer.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

Huskar wrote:

Deferred Maintenance Racing will be there.  New team anticipating being busy Friday fixing tech issues and Saturday fixing everything else that will go wrong.  Either night works for us, maybe we will surprise ourselves and end up with some free time to hang out.  Well bring a few sides from whatever costco has to offer.

Always cool to have a new team in Lemons, if you need any help with tech fixes come and see us, car 85 Toyota Celica between our team and Bad Decisions we should be able to help with most issues.

If you have any concerns about your cage be sure to bring some extra tube and spreader plate.

Huskar wrote:

Where are you guys located?  There may be a local team that would be willing to stop by and give some pointers prior to the race.

We are in central Nebraska.  We are fairly confident in our cage and other tech items, but always good to plan for something to go wrong.  We have been out to a few track days at Motorsports Park Hastings and caught a few issues that I believe have been resolved.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

Huskar wrote:

We are in central Nebraska.  We are fairly confident in our cage and other tech items, but always good to plan for something to go wrong.  We have been out to a few track days at Motorsports Park Hastings and caught a few issues that I believe have been resolved.

Big one folks tend to miss is the focus on batteries.  If it is not in its original location, better make sure it can resist like 600#'s of force.  If it is in the passenger compartment, needs to be in a box.  Even with all of the above, positive terminal has to be covered.

Back to the Potluck..I vote Friday night and Bad Decisions will bring smoked sausage mac and cheese.  I also suggest we take Brett up on his over and let him (and all his neighbors even though they do not know it yet) host.

I'm good with Friday!
We are not planning on practicing so want have anything to fix smile

We are targeting being there. Whether or not the vehicle cooperates is a different story so the arrival day/time can fluctuate +4 days/ -2 days so it won't really matter to us what day you have the potluck.

I"m sure whatever we bring, it'll involve bacon.

I (and potentially one other teammate) will likely need a ride to the airport (MCI) some time before 9am Monday morning. So is anyone potentially able to dump me off after the race some time at a hotel near the airport or one that has a shuttle to it?

HQ sent out a message saying the potluck is Saturday so Saturday it is!

Spank wrote:

I (and potentially one other teammate) will likely need a ride to the airport (MCI) some time before 9am Monday morning. So is anyone potentially able to dump me off after the race some time at a hotel near the airport or one that has a shuttle to it?

My flight out is 8:10pm on Sunday so I will be heading in that direction shortly after the awards ceremony. Perhaps we can split a Lyft (if they have that in Topeka)

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

derekste wrote:
Spank wrote:

My flight out is 8:10pm on Sunday so I will be heading in that direction shortly after the awards ceremony. Perhaps we can split a Lyft (if they have that in Topeka)

One of my team mates and I are flying in as well and getting a rental car. Planning on driving back after the awards to a hotel near the airport, flying out Monday am. I can check with him to see if he would want to share the ride if you can throw some money our way.
I did research Uber from KC airport to the track and it looked like about  $80 each way.

Spank wrote:

We are targeting being there. Whether or not the vehicle cooperates is a different story so the arrival day/time can fluctuate +4 days/ -2 days so it won't really matter to us what day you have the potluck.

I"m sure whatever we bring, it'll involve bacon.

Yes, I am heading with Spank to the airport for Monday am and would happily split and uber/lyft on Sunday

Silversleeves Racing
Austin Mini #42 | John Lemmons Wolseley Hornet
Austin 1800 #49  V6 Landcrab - Organizer's Choice PNW2013 | Class C Winner 2015
Barbie's Corvette #44 - Organizer's Choice PNW2014

Track announced via twitter that practice is available Friday 1-6pm $250 sign up at the track, must complete Lemons tech before practice.

The Pedestrian Hitmen are in for the potluck.  We're a first time team based in KC.  Not sure what we'll bring as we're mostly concentrating on finishing the car, but we'll do our best to be worthy.

Filthy Mechanic wrote:

The Pedestrian Hitmen are in for the potluck.  We're a first time team based in KC.  Not sure what we'll bring as we're mostly concentrating on finishing the car, but we'll do our best to be worthy.

So I take it by the team name that you are bringing a Mustang....

So I take it by the team name that you are bringing a Mustang....

You know, you're not the first one to ask that and to be honest that had not crossed our mind when we we're trying to come up with a team name.  But no Mustang.  Maybe if we build another car.  If we ever have money again.

PurpleMini wrote:

One of my team mates and I are flying in as well and getting a rental car. Planning on driving back after the awards to a hotel near the airport, flying out Monday am. I can check with him to see if he would want to share the ride if you can throw some money our way.
I did research Uber from KC airport to the track and it looked like about  $80 each way.

that would be cool- definitely willing to kick some $ in whatever direction necesssary

Just following up: my flight arrives at MCI at 2:40pm on Friday. I'm willing to wait around an hour or two if anyone is coming in around that time and wants to split a rideshare.

630.235.8928 if you'd like to do this. If I don't hear from anyone before I get on my flight I'll assume no one is interested.

I'm picking up a driver 8:00am Friday morning. I have extra room in my wagon.

So far the potluck list is as follows:

Taco Bar- Team Skid Steer
Chili- Flat Face Racing
Meatballs- Apocalyptic Racing
Various sides- Deferred Maintenance
Smoked sausage, mac and cheese- Bad Decisions
Bacon- Spank

The plan is to set up by the garages and Lemons will provide plates, silverware, and napkins.  If you plan to bring some food, post it up.

Greg
Team Skid Steer
Mercury Bobcat

The Drive By's will be bringing something for the potluck. Not sure what it will be though at this point.

For anyone that is getting an RV electric spot:  bring a long extension cord. Also, the outlets are 50amp, so bring an adapter if you use a 30 amp plug.