Topic: Race capture reviews.

Anyone using the race-capture mk 3? With or without telemetry modem? And are you using it as a dash?
Our home brewed dash is failing to meet expectations, and it’s either a giant pile of money on gauges or a racecapture.  Any thoughts on it?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Re: Race capture reviews.

FWIW I have a RCPro MK2. Works pretty great as a dash/idiot light. I haven’t put any effort into telemetry/analytics because we suck too bad for it to matter. Scaling gauges is pretty darned easy. I’m happy with support and service though they still owe me a T-shirt.

Tri-Lamb Motorsports ‘87 528e

Re: Race capture reviews.

I've got an RCPro MK2 as well. It initially took some setup time, and some of the current hassles I'm facing are because 2G cellular is no longer supported by the carriers (not Autosports fault) and I can't upgrade for 3G or 4G. This, obviously, isn't an issue with the MK3. If you can follow instructions you shouldn't have too many issues. If you've got a CAN BUS and/or OBDII vehicle things are pretty easy. With non OBDII you have to a little more effort to install sensors and wire them, but that's also not all that difficult and is pretty well supported with their instructions.

As far as dashboards, idiot lights, etc... yeah, its pretty freaking great. You can use cheap tablets (they actually have a deal with a Verizon rep for a free tablet with their $10/month data plan contract), phones, even Raspberry Pi's as the dashboard. And you can do config with either Macs or PC laptops.

There's a super active community and Autosports Facebook page is constantly having people post cool things they're doing with their systems, or problems they're having (which typically get solved REAL fast from either other owner input or directly from Autosport). They're constantly developing new features based on user input.

Strongly recommend.