1 (edited by the shaolin 2019-08-30 02:51 PM)

Topic: Brainerd Potluck

Greetings fellow morons,

Seeing as how this race is at a new track, we're going to have to bring some traditional Lemons hospitality with us to make it feel more like home. 

Priority Fail Racing, Rubber Soul Racing, and Knuckle Children of Job will be hosting a potluck Saturday night.
HQ has offered to provide utensils, plates, and napkins (which is awesome, because it sucks when these don't show up!)

Please volunteer to bring a dish to pass below.  Also needed are folding tables and beverages.

Host teams are providing pulled pork sandwiches and rice & curry.

-Nathan - Team Captain, Priority Fail Racing
1997 Golf GTI VR6 Mid Engine

2 (edited by majo 2019-08-30 02:45 PM)

Re: Brainerd Potluck

Happy to help host as well Nathan!  We'll do what we can, and I'll bring lots of boxed wine.

We'll bring a selection of side dishes, and maybe Brett will prepare his spicy balls of meat.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

What's the "policy" on non-team members attending? I'm semi-local (about 50 min from the track). I have been unable to find a team to race with but will be attending (with family in tow) anyways to at least see the chaos first hand and be slightly mentally prepared for my Lemons debut next year. I would be happy to bring a dish or drinks to share. One way or another I'd like to be involved. Let me know if I can help and rub elbows with some fellow "morons".

Jeremy

Jeremy
Failed Contraception Racing

jjmoonen wrote:

What's the "policy" on non-team members attending? I'm semi-local (about 50 min from the track). I have been unable to find a team to race with but will be attending (with family in tow) anyways to at least see the chaos first hand and be slightly mentally prepared for my Lemons debut next year. I would be happy to bring a dish or drinks to share. One way or another I'd like to be involved. Let me know if I can help and rub elbows with some fellow "morons".

Jeremy

More than welcome!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:
jjmoonen wrote:

Jeremy

More than welcome!

Awesome, thank you! Is there an area/person/mob of derelicts I should seek out beforehand?

Jeremy

Look for the Priority Fail VW Golf and the Mazda 626

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Will do, thanks again.

Also for those that are not familiar with the area, or just wondering what's available. The Brainerd/Baxter area has lots available within a short distance of the track. Costco, several large grocery stores, parts stores, restaurants, etc are all within 5-15 minutes depending on what you need. So lots available within spitting distance.

Jeremy

Even if you can't bring food/drinks/utensils, you can bring some chairs or something.

We will bring brownies (no prescription card needed), and probably a cold dish of some sort.

Jeremy

Another spectator here. I have a 48 qt cooler, a pair of 5 ft tables, and a chair for myself I can bring. The only thing is, I'm thinking I'll have to park outside the track. That doesn't bode well for lugging a large cooler full of ice and pop. I'll be at the track Friday so if a team wants to grab the cooler then, that would be... cool. I can bring Doritos or something then big_smile

Gangsters of Love, Dodge Neon, will also bring a bucket of pulled pork and buns.
Can we plug in a crock pot or two?

I'll need an outlet also if possible for a crock pot full of ammunition.....errrrrr, ummmmmm chili.

Jeremy