Topic: How do you install Nerdie Nascar Helmet Kit (3 conductor)

I cant find details anywhere as to how to install this kit. it looks like i have 3 microphones but i don’t know where they belong... or are the two large pads speakers... idk help plz

Re: How do you install Nerdie Nascar Helmet Kit (3 conductor)

Have you contacted Troy from Nerdie? Picture of what you have?

The info on Nerdie's site shows that the headsets typically have a mic and then a connector to attach your favorite earbuds. If yours has the speakers permanently wired in, then good guess is that the two larger ones are speakers meant to stick in the sides of your helmet.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

3 (edited by VKZ24 2019-09-04 11:11 AM)

TheEngineer wrote:

The info on Nerdie's site shows that the headsets typically have a mic and then a connector to attach your favorite earbuds. If yours has the speakers permanently wired in, then good guess is that the two larger ones are speakers meant to stick in the sides of your helmet.

I don't think Troy does permanently wired in speakers.  He typically has a 3.5mm female jack to connect the (provided) speakers, or your ear buds.

On the ear buds, I highly recommend the ones from www.earfuze.com.  They are only $35 and feel much better in your helmet than an OTS unit since they are molded by you to fit your own ears.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Do the ear buds work if they have a microphone on them? given the fact the headset already has one.

Ziptied wrote:

Do the ear buds work if they have a microphone on them? given the fact the headset already has one.

Don't fuck around with iphone/ipad earbuds...go with these:

On the ear buds, I highly recommend the ones from www.earfuze.com.

They fit better and are molded to your ears..as well as being a little more robust....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

It's a Tip and Sleeve jack for the Nerdie helmet kit's headphone jack. The Best best thing would be a Mono earbud and an earplug for the other side. Or if you can't find that a Single Earbud "mixing" Stereo to Mono earbud.

Using either the Fuze or just buying your own ear filler goo.
https://www.amazon.com/Radians-CEP001-C … B003A28P4I

Also just to be clear THIS is the thing you have right?

http://nerdieracing.com/Nerdie-NASCAR-H … lmet-3.htm

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

It's a Tip and Sleeve jack for the Nerdie helmet kit's headphone jack. The Best best thing would be a Mono earbud and an earplug for the other side. Or if you can't find that a Single Earbud "mixing" Stereo to Mono earbud.

Using either the Fuze or just buying your own ear filler goo.
https://www.amazon.com/Radians-CEP001-C … B003A28P4I

Also just to be clear THIS is the thing you have right?

http://nerdieracing.com/Nerdie-NASCAR-H … lmet-3.htm

Yeah that’s the one, also i would never use iphone headphones those things make my ears bleed literally. The ones i would prefer to use are skullcandy stereo earbuds but they have a microphone. worst case i’ll transfer the rubber nubbins to the provided ones so they seal to my ear better. Thanks for the replies.