Topic: Forming new team in Houston

Greetings everyone.  A buddy and I want to form a team in Houston, TX.  We know we won't make it in time for this November's event here, but hoping for some stuff in the spring and next fall.  Looking for drivers and pit crew.  I have a shop located in SW Houston where we can keep the car stored indoors, wrench on it, and store our tools and parts. 

Here are the cars we are considering picking up that I've found locally.  Any feedback or snide remarks greatly appreciated!  I'll certainly pass on contact info to any of these sellers if we decide not to buy.

1988 Plymouth Reliant
1985 Buick Electra Wagon
1992 Pontiac Sunbird
1999 Pontiac Sunfire
1999 Chevy Astro ice cream van

I look forward to hearing back from some folks!

2 (edited by Guildenstern 2019-09-07 09:30 PM)

Re: Forming new team in Houston

Having resuscitated the K it forward Aries, I can fully and without hesitation recommend not taking the Reliant unless you want, pain, misery, and probably an IOE win and Paddock street cred.

That being said, There's not enough B-bodies in Lemons, I would say the Electra Wagon will do you very well.

If you have the means, get the car sooner rather than waiting for team members. It's easier to reel people in once they can hold the puppy. Moreso if you gut it an cage it. Makes it a legitimate Race Car!

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Thanks!   K-car it is then!

Guildenstern wrote:

Having resuscitated the K it forward Aries, I can fully and without hesitation recommend not taking the Reliant unless you want, pain, misery, and probably an IOE win and Paddock street cred.

That being said, There's not enough B-bodies in Lemons, I would say the Electra Wagon will do you very well.

If you have the means, get the car sooner rather than waiting for team members. It's easier to reel people in once they can hold the puppy. Moreso if you gut it an cage it. Makes it a legitimate Race Car!

4 (edited by Guildenstern 2019-09-07 11:09 PM)

May Lee Iacocca have Mercy on your Soul.

https://i.imgur.com/vfsGbuG.jpg

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Seller said he’s throwing in a free Haynes repair manual, so I figure we’re covered on addressing anything mechanical.

texascurt wrote:

Seller said he’s throwing in a free Haynes repair manual, so I figure we’re covered on addressing anything mechanical.

That's the right attitude!

That guy

I happen to work in the SW part of Houston and live in Pearland.  Good luck!

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=38293

Here ya go! Just need to get it to Houston...

Tons of options around here, thanks!  The benefits of big-city livin’!

Hanger 18 Customs wrote:

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=38293

Here ya go! Just need to get it to Houston...

moose72 wrote:

I happen to work in the SW part of Houston and live in Pearland.  Good luck!

Sent you a forum message yesterday.  I’d love to get together to get some advice if you have time!

No message as of yet.  We are having a work weekend this Saturday, installing the fire suppression system.  We learned a lot for our first race and from Frank and Bob of EVR Racing here in Houston too.

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod