Topic: NHMS Potluck

Hey everyone!

We'd like to volunteer to head up a Saturday potluck at Loudon, if there isn't already an effort going on. Some of you may remember us setting up a taco bar last year, even though we didn't enter the race due to the Fox being dead. But, since it's assembled and running (at the moment) we can use the free time to plan for good times.

We're doing an ironic Lincoln Chaffee 2020 theme, and as such, are focusing on Rhode Island cuisine: stuffed clams, pizza strips (tomato pie), clear chowder, coffee milk, NY system weiners, ect, we'll have to hammer it our amongst ourselves.

So if anyone would like to participate, sound off! And if there is already a party being planned, we'll be more than happy to assimilate.

March 2016 bought running 1988 VW Fox Wagon
March 2016 - Spring 2018 Car was on its side with no engine
2018 Thompson Organizers' Choice (25 laps)
2019 Thompson Judges' Choice (58 laps) NHMS Judges' Choice (74 laps)

2 (edited by Sonic 2019-09-17 06:06 AM)

Re: NHMS Potluck

Hey, we at 3PM are going to organize this again, and confirmed with Nick a while ago, but the whole point of a potluck is that everyone contributes so we are all in this together. The Rhody feast sounds like a fantastic part of the potluck, looking forward to it.

Chrissy is super busy at work until 9/22, I’m sure she will have more to say about planning after that, but there isn’t all that much to say I suppose, everyone bring food and drinks and a chair and let’s have some fun.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

Alright cool, looking forward to it!

4 (edited by DRVOLKS 2019-09-18 05:48 AM)

Hello to all I had asked Nick on this and got the ok. My son and I have a pop up drive-in we use at home very big and cool with a great sound system and xBox setup. We are bring it to NH we park on the north side garage turn 12 with the RV. Could use a little help on setup and input on what to show? I think some of Lemons Vid to start with and Mad Max  park some race car in front? If it rains could move it in to Lemon inspection lanes
https://i.imgur.com/4H46oZV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/76k1cM2.jpg

Big screen would be cool. If I get motivated enough to fix my logitech wheel maybe I'll bring GT5 again for some 2014 NH throwback nighttime virtual racing. Been a long time since we brought that setup to a race.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

Big screen would be cool. If I get motivated enough to fix my logitech wheel maybe I'll bring GT5 again for some 2014 NH throwback nighttime virtual racing. Been a long time since we brought that setup to a race.

Planning to bring my screen as well.

Got a Car/Halloween thing planned.

Could put the race sim on it too TheEngineer.

As for the Potluck...

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

Hey! We are so excited to host the pot luck at NHMS on Saturday night!

Since it is right in time with Halloween, this is going to be a costume party!! Come in your costume - prizes will be given away, even some of my Mom's cookies. 

Potluck to start at 6:30ish in HQ garage bays.
If possible, please bring an utensil to serve your dish.  We will provide the plastic ware and plates. Please bring a drink and a chair and a great attitude. 

Prizes given for:
- best drag costume
- best onesie
- best makeup
- highest heels
- most inappropriate

After dinner, we will have music and lights= dance party!

Post up what you are bringing and how many people will attend. Cant wait to see you all in NH!

Three Pedal Mafia- The Queen
Honda Civic Wagovan, The Boat, Civic, TR, Rolls Royce, Citroen SM IOE, Mazda3, Honda Civic
Class A, Class B, Class C, Regional award, Org Choice, IOE winners
Number 1 frekin champions IOE > Overall

We're in, obviously. Our resident chef (Brandon) is brainstorming ideas for food. Somewhere between 4 and 10 of us depending on how many spectators hang around into the evening.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

I'll be bringing a pie or cookies as part of Team Bedazzled (the Saturn sedan with the extremely questionable dazzle camo) and also potentially booze. Can't wait!

I'll bring a crockpot of chili and jello shots.

Can't wait for the dance party!!!

Our car (angry pork racing sentra) is not ready, so for NHMS we'll be with the "Make the Team Name Awesome" team in a Volvo S60.

All Roads Racing will be bringing Hot brownies and vanilla Icecream

Oh, and "Christine", "Maximum Overdrive", and "The Wraith" for our big screen.

rumor is we're bringing dumplings.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

We'll bring... Soup.

You'll thank us Sunday morning.

K Car Stalker

Comin' at ya from the Ocean State with clear chowder, dynamites, pizza strips, NY system hot wieners, and grapenut pudding with Yacht Club soda and Narragansett beer to wash it all down. We'll also be bringing tables, chairs and petitions to elect Lincoln Chafee as head Lemons Judge. Feel the Chafe!

Hey and thanks for hosting. I'm with the Oil Bees and we'll be attending. There should be about five of us. We'll bring drinks, beer. Still figuring out food items, but will post once we have it figured out.

Appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Kyle Crawley

not sure what yet, but we will bring something slow cooked to the potluck.

TSP Racing

Will bring a few gallons of mulled apple cider.

We're bringing our small upright freezer that we normally use to keep a bunch of cool shirt ice frozen. If you need freezer space, we're in one of the garages next to HQ, just come ask.

Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon

20 (edited by ThatDetroitAndy 2019-10-19 07:29 PM)

Ok that potluck was excellent

ThatDetroitAndy wrote:

Ok that potluck was excellent

This!!!!!