Topic: Gen 7 Celica GTS...Why does no one use this car?

My friend and I are looking to build a second beater car to enter it into some Lemons races as well as some chump races.  

The reason why it is attractive to us is its very competitive power to weight distribution, 4 wheel disc brakes, Toyota Engine (Same engine in the Lotus), 6 speed...I can't understand why I can't find anyone who has used this car for cheap endurance racing.  I can find lots of older Gen Celica's having entered, just can't seem to find anyone who has used the Gen 7....What am I missing? 

Thanks!

Re: Gen 7 Celica GTS...Why does no one use this car?

Ive often wondered the same thing, and have wanted to build one myself.  I read somewhere that they have oiling issues in corners....and something about it being easy to money shift the 6 spd in the GTS.   But so far that's the worst of it that I know of.

Probably because they're so much fun while still comfy and legal on the  road?

I had a 5-sp manual GT for sale here, and nobody here bought it.

Someone bought it on Craigslist just for the 245k engine, and scrapped the rest.

Team is building one now so soon.   I for one wouldn't.  By the time they are up for grasp they have decent high miles and the engines are basically throw away you cannot hone them and need to be sleeved to be rebuilt correctly.  They also have oiling issues.  not to mention enough power to blast the 3rd gear to bits.

959 Toyota Tercel   6x Lemons loser

New England Area roll cages send me an email I'm in Central MA