Re: The Dead Marque Society Inaugural Trophy Stroll (Inde 2020)

DirtyDuc wrote:

Huh. Head gasket rule needs some tweaking. I found a head gasket in a Fel-Pro gasket set for a 1950 Kaiser Traveler.

Fixed it!

(Assuming the expressed interest is who shows up)

The List:
AMC Spirit AMX
Studebaker Avanti
Borgward Isabella Coupe

There are gaskets out there for lots of things.

Does our 1974 Javelin quality? By your rules, we can't because we can get a lot of stuff for it online, just no one stocks it. In some cases, our Javelin has better parts availability than our Saturn.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:
DirtyDuc wrote:

Huh. Head gasket rule needs some tweaking. I found a head gasket in a Fel-Pro gasket set for a 1950 Kaiser Traveler.

Fixed it!

(Assuming the expressed interest is who shows up)

The List:
AMC Spirit AMX
Studebaker Avanti
Borgward Isabella Coupe

There are gaskets out there for lots of things.

Does our 1974 Javelin quality? By your rules, we can't because we can get a lot of stuff for it online, just no one stocks it. In some cases, our Javelin has better parts availability than our Saturn.

1974 (AMC) Javelina https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/tucson.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/08/308d3723-7380-5a80-83b2-9e93cedb564a/4e6fa8af39e09.image.jpg qualifies... but based on my count of cars and your location, unlikely to be competing at Inde. I based the initial ruleset on what seemed reasonable at the time, not realizing that truly dead marques still had domestic support if they were American-made (but things like Borgwards and Dafs don't, because they are funny furrin cars).

As folks sign on (and sponsor the race of their choice with goings on and shenanigans), we might need to distinguish between furrin and domestic short hairs... right now we aren't very many, and only a few are coming to the inaugural celebration of unplanned obsolescence.

That guy

I don’t think we’ll make Indy, but figured it would help clarify the rules. There are still AMC cars all over the place. Our replacement engine is an AMC 360 from a Jeep Cherokee. The AMC engines were made into late 80s/early 90s

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

The AMC won class C, thereby making themselves ineligible for the trophy. The Avanti won, because the Borgward was terrible and finished DFL.

Y'all should get into the swing and do these things semi-autonomously (like the Gambler 500). Judge Phil even gave me 5 seconds to explain it at the trophy ceremony.

I hereby support and endorse people stealing this and doing it as much as possible. I approve more of the "organizer" being a participant, but I don't even care about that. I want to see more obsolete, archaic, and unsupported makes in Lemons.

That guy

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49626565793_db4f493ca9_z.jpg
Awesome DMS trophy alongside Scooter the traveling Life of The Paddock Party trophy.

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015