Topic: Brand New into Lemons Racing Help, Advice please!

I am 22 and brand new into Lemons but having experience driving in demo derbies im already hooked, my question to you all iz how do i best go about getting into Lemons racing from square 1? whats the best way to find a car and get a team together? any advice, tips, or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Re: Brand New into Lemons Racing Help, Advice please!

Probably best thing is look at the schedule, see which race is closest to you or which ones you are willing to travel to, then either go first as a spectator (safe but kinda boring) or post in the "driver looking for a team" section and say that you are willing to do an arrive-and-drive at the following races and let people email you and offer you seats for an all-inclusive fee (which varies from team to team).

Always easier to get responses when you post your location and which races you are most interested in attending. People nearby can point you to already built Lemons cars for sale, if that's the route you want to take (usually cheapest and easiest, but you don't get the experience of building your own car).

I'll second arrive and drive. You won't truly want to spend all your money ever on Lemons until you hold the puppy.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

I'll second arrive and drive. You won't truly want to spend all your money ever on Lemons until you hold the puppy.

What he said.......

MBTL Racing

In this forum there is a huge amount of advice written with care by folks that have done it.  Much more detailed advice than you will get in this thread.  For starters check out the sticky on this subject above.