Topic: Little Lemons Part 4!!!

So I made this RC truck body for my Dad.

http://d.facdn.net/art/tiptoe/1578858447/1578858447.tiptoe_photo_2020-01-12_12-55-08.jpg

But wait...the best part is we (my Dad, me, and one of our other drivers)  are going to use this truck for an RC race that is pretty much a scaled down version of Lemons.

The race is 3 hours long...normally they are only 5 minutes.
The race has pit stops for driver and battery changes, normally the battery packs last about half an hour.
The race is sold out with 20 trucks normally this track only runs 8 trucks in a race.
The trucks are often painted/decorated in funny themes.
The team names are funny, example Dez Nuts racing, Team Sucker punch, Team scream!!,  Meh we are racing. 
The race gives out special awards at the end for things like, most broken parts, least number of laps completed, etc.
The award for winning the race is typically a trophy made out of welded/glued car parts and beer bottles.

In other words its a HOOT 

The race next Saturday at Trackside raceway in brookfeild Wisconsin, this is how team Sucker punch stays sharp off season!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Re: Little Lemons Part 4!!!

Cool!  I am opening up a new r/c track here in the sacramento area, and have given some thought to running an endurance race.   

Load up the truck with batteries!
R/C racing already has a lot of carnage, it is going to be a shitshow with all those trucks! you have jumps like normal tracks?   Oh my, post the video!

Are you going to need a driver changes?   lol

Re: Little Lemons Part 4!!!

nimblemotorsports wrote:

Cool!  I am opening up a new r/c track here in the sacramento area, and have given some thought to running an endurance race.   

Load up the truck with batteries!
R/C racing already has a lot of carnage, it is going to be a shitshow with all those trucks! you have jumps like normal tracks?   Oh my, post the video!

Are you going to need a driver changes?   lol

Yes the teams have 3 drivers each.   One person drives, one turn marshals, and one is the mechanic.  Then rotate with each pit stop. 

The track is a clay track with jumps and moguls and even some hazards (snow for example).  So yea LOTS of carnage.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!