Topic: Word on insurance buy backs

Bought my car back from insurance after it was totaled for $300 is that gonna be allowed to role or nah?

Re: Word on insurance buy backs

Go nuts. Just make sure the crash structure isn't compromised from whatever totaled it.

It's often said to new teams "don't sweat the $500 limit". You can show up with any car that passes tech and the worst that'll happen is you get hit with a pile of penalty laps. But you aren't going to win your first race anyway. Focus on 1) passing tech and 2) having a good time. But bring the pictures and paperwork from insurance. Not because you need any help with cost justification but because the judges like a good story.

And read the rules again. Print them out and leave a copy by the toilet. Read them at work instead of working. Read them while riding the bus because your car just got totaled. Tell any teammate that is helping prep the car to do the same. Then read the rules again.

Low Road Racing:  Stylemaster/Mustang II/Sunbird/Spirit AMX

We will not compromise our morals and build anything but a class C car.
"You take the high road, we'll take the low."

subjectsigma wrote:

Bought my car back from insurance after it was totaled for $300 is that gonna be allowed to role or nah?

Problem with leading questions like this is there isn't quite enough detail.  The short answer is yes, pretty much anything is allowed.  The longer answer is depends on the car. 

"Bought my Porsche GT3 back from insurance after it was totaled for $300 is that gonna be allowed to role or nah?"

That's gonna be a tough one for them to buy, both on the supposed purchase cost and also on the potential speed differential.

"Bought my 1950 Hudson back from insurance after it was totaled for $300 is that gonna be allowed to role or nah?"

Here's your trophy.

If you think this is a way to sneak in some cheaty fast car by the judges, it won't work.  I think the lowest an insurance company sold a car back to me was 15% of the payout so a $2000 payout car could be something in the realm of being cheaty.  But a cheaty $2000 car will always be allowed to race, it just might come with penalty laps.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Bought back a totaled '98 Civic with 235k miles for $100.

Insurance company was going to total this Caprice because of this dent - I had to take $500 less than totaled value to keep a clean title:

https://i.postimg.cc/HxCSBJRv/20180206-132056.jpg

Worth it!