Topic: OMG the Coronavirus (and not the Toyota)

Has anyone seen or heard any talk of postponing or rescheduling races due to getting down with the sickness ?

404 Fatal Exception Volvo
2018 B.F.E GP, Get Yer Phil

2 (edited by OnkelUdo 2020-03-12 03:08 PM)

Re: OMG the Coronavirus (and not the Toyota)

If you were signed up for a race, you would have gotten Jay's email.  Let Sanity prevail and wait and see is the current line of thinking.

Here's the official word from Lemons HQ:

https://24hoursoflemons.com/blog/covid- … s-message/

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Its too bad, we got our best result at Autobahn, and was hoping to improve this year.

No worries, we are going to take another swing at Gingerman and BIR.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Pitt is still on the schedule and still not full.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

6 (edited by chaase 2020-03-14 05:54 PM)

Guildenstern wrote:

Yup. I think Pitt may be at risk depending on how things go in the next couple of weeks, but once we get deeper in the spring/early summer things will get back to normal. Most of these diseases don't like the warm weather so, in theory, it should peter out once the warm weather starts to kick in.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

it should peter out once the warm weather starts to kick in.

I won't ask you to pick my lottery numbers....

I am so f*cked off, I had the time, money and backing to come over and do Lemons in 2020 but Europe is in lockdown and things are so bad I've had to change my holiday to visit Scotland. How the mighty have fallen... sad

Stay safe, chaps

Rich Duisberg wrote:
chaase wrote:
Guildenstern wrote:

it should peter out once the warm weather starts to kick in.

I won't ask you to pick my lottery numbers....

I am so f*cked off, I had the time, money and backing to come over and do Lemons in 2020 but Europe is in lockdown and things are so bad I've had to change my holiday to visit Scotland. How the mighty have fallen... sad

Stay safe, chaps

You're actually better off not having to visit the shitshow that is racing/life in these United States.....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)