Topic: Enduro or rally co-driver set up

I’m not seeing a search button so pardon me if this has been answered.

I’m starting a new car build and have a few questions-

1.Can I leave the side windows in place but rolled down?
2. Can I build this with two seats, two harnesses etc?

I have a car that’s pretty unrecognizable without glass in it.  I’d also like to use this as an enduro, doing the rally with my son.  I know I could take the seat and harness out when racing but would rather not.  The rear glasses will be replaced with lexan As those won’t fully roll down.  I’d plan on aluminum sheeting the front door panels to contain the door glass in case I get hit there (glass won’t explode and escape onto the track...

Re: Enduro or rally co-driver set up

1) yes
2) yes
Have fun.

Tri-Lamb Motorsports ‘87 528e

chazz79 wrote:

I’m not seeing a search button so pardon me if this has been answered.

The search button is in yellow text within the green area near the top of the page, in the row that starts INDEX USER LIST...

chazz79 wrote:

I know I could take the seat and harness out when racing but would rather not.

There's nothing against this in the rules, but keep in mind that if the tech inspector thinks that the passenger seat and harness might get in the way of a driver trying to exit quickly out that side, you may be told to remove them anyway. Most likely this will depend on how small the passenger compartment is and how large the seat is.

chazz79 wrote:

The rear glasses will be replaced with lexan As those won’t fully roll down.

The rear side glass can stay as-is if you prefer; there's no need to replace it. Only the front door glass needs to be removed or rolled fully down. See Rule 3.J.9 for this.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

You can leave windows rolled down, but only if the3 doorcards are still in place.
If you roll the windows down and you can see the glass through the door frame because you removed the door cards, that will not pass tech.

They will instruct you to remove the glass in the front doors, or make a door card.

They do not want a t bone to generate flying glass.

2. If you install a passenger seat, please know you cant use it,  even in practice.   No passengers ever allowed in Lemons

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

Thanks for the replies.  There are some road rallies that I want to involve the car in and take a team member along so we can co-drive.  There’s just few cage considerations when laying it all out as a two seater.

I don't believe Lemons controls or organizes any of the practice days.  That's up the the track and under their rules.  Some tracks do allow passengers.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

bobnowoc wrote:

2. If you install a passenger seat, please know you cant use it,  even in practice.   No passengers ever allowed in Lemons

This is only partially true.  Test and Tune is not run by Lemons.  It is run by the track.  Last year (everything changes) we had our two home tracks still allowing passengers in full gear for Test and tune.

And to add to that, most HPDE Organizations require the SAME Seat and Harness for the Instructor/Passenger as the Driver.

I'd rig it so you can pull the seat for racing or figure a way to take the padding off and bolt your cool suit rig straight to the seat bottom. (aka get Aluminum seats.)

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

If by rally you mean the Lemons Rally's, I would build the cage so you can put the stock seats back in for the rally and use a racing seat and belts for Lemons racing.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon