Topic: Question about Drivers License for June Gingerman

Finally we get to race!! But... due to the recent COVID crap, some of us may have expired drivers license.

According to the state of Illinois my drivers license is still valid until October 1st 2020, even though it's face value states it expired.

I just want to be sure that if I show up to Gingerman with my expired Illinois drivers license it will be accepted by Gingerman staff at the gate and Lemons administrators at tech when obtaining my wristband.

cyberdriveillinois.com

All driver’s licenses, ID cards, vehicle registration, restricted driving permits and monitoring device driving permits that are currently expired or set to expire by July 31 have been extended until Oct. 1, 2020.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michigan has a similar message on their site. https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-1 … --,00.html

**NOTE: Gov. Whitmer issued an executive order to temporarily extend the expirations of all Michigan driver’s licenses, state IDs and vehicle registrations through July 31. A similar order was issued regarding watercraft registrations.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indiana Does not mention anything about expired drivers licenses
https://www.in.gov/bmv/

Wisconsin DMV says this..  https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/online-s … l/dmv.aspx

All driver licenses that expired on or after March 12 are extended until July 25, 2020.

I didn't look into other states. I would expect that the Lemons Gods would follow along with whatever the state the team member has a driver license with has published on their site.

Can we get an official Lemons response regarding this topic for the upcoming Gingerman race?

Thanks!!
Mark

Re: Question about Drivers License for June Gingerman

You may want to reach out directly vs waiting for Lemons Mgmt to monitor site and respond.  nick@24hoursoflemons.com

Multiple Entries - Best Finish CMP Fall 2017 - 9th Overall - 1993 BMW 325
Lemons cars: 1983 VW Rabbit, 1993 BMW 325, 1988 BMW 325e

Nick has previously said that COVID expired licenses are okay.  Email him.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

4 (edited by meistro 2020-06-09 08:37 AM)

I'm screwed. Lemons is honoring only licenses that expired in 2020. Mine expired in 2019. I simply cannot afford to miss work and stand in a mile long line. At least I got my I got screwed by COVID patches in the mail. wtf I waited too long to renew it sad

If it wasn't for that speeding ticket I got 3 years ago I could have renewed it online.

Lucky for me the DMV is 1/2 mile from work and I pass it often. 1st thing in the morning is not the way to go. I left work 30 min early and I was in and out in 30 minutes. I was also randomly picked for written tests which included class D and motorcycle. I had the camp in line for concert tickets mentality as many others I see in line as I pass by going to work. Unfortunately in IL they mail you your license and give you a temp paper one to use until then. I had permission few years back from Lemons that they would accept it so now all I gotta worry about is getting the rest of the motor back together and in the car. I got plenty of time still lol.