Topic: Fuel spill tray?

How big of a fuel spill tray should I get? What do people use?

What do teams use for fuel spill cleanup?

EPA Racing - #40 Supercharged Dodge Caliber

Re: Fuel spill tray?

I use a metal oil drain pain. It will probably hold a gallon or two. I use kitty litter for cleanup.

Check out section 3.C FUELING RULES of the rules page. It explains a lot of the questions you have had.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

Many use a water heater pan and plug the outlet.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

Gas damages asphalt so the idea is to not let it hit the pavement, but I see so many people just pick up the pan after fueling and the fuel runs/drips off as they bring it over the wall or carry it back to the paddock.  I see this mostly with people using the driveway oil pan/cookie sheet type pan.  This completely defeats the purpose of the pan.  Get something with sides.  Oil change pan, water heater pan, concrete mixing tub.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

I vote concrete mixing tub. Large, cheap and good for holding spares to and from race. Also, if you have a few, they nest together. Also also, they have tall sides and are easy to pour out of.

Tri-Lamb Motorsports ‘87 528e

zakp73 wrote:

I vote concrete mixing tub. Large, cheap and good for holding spares to and from race. Also, if you have a few, they nest together. Also also, they have tall sides and are easy to pour out of.

Thanks for that suggestion, I am buying one for my next race.  Rectangular is way better than round for fitting under the car up against the tire.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon