Topic: Ohio Races?

This is my first post here, so sorry if it's in the wrong spot!

I really love photographing auto races and similar events, and living in the Ohio Area not far from Mid Ohio or National Trail, I've been wondering if/when the Lemons race might return to Ohio? I checked the schedule and didn't see any upcoming races for the area, so it's got me a little worried I might miss out for a little while.

Re: Ohio Races?

I don't think there has been an Ohio race in quite a few years, but Gingerman in Michigan and Pittsburgh Raceway aren't a terrible drive

Liha zakonnykh ukrayinskykh biznesmeniv.
Ford Pinto Wagon 1972 roku – heroyichne vypravlennya, Memorial Toni Svona 2019 roku
Subaru Outback Sport 2007 - rehionalna premiya, NHMS 2020 - OnlyLamms.com
"My vzyaly zelenyy i kartatyy, ale vse mizh tsym bulo dosyt skhematychno."

Yea Mid-Ohio has......Issues when it comes to Lemons style of racing. They definitely care more ABOUT their track than they care about USING their track.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

Yea Mid-Ohio has......Issues when it comes to Lemons style of racing. They definitely care more ABOUT their track than they care about USING their track.

As a photographer I've actually become frustrated with Mid-Ohio's increasing their barricades and fencing in recent years. It makes it really hard to access good angles and to get focus when there's multiple criss-crossed cage fences.

Real bummer Lemons will probably never show there anytime soon, from the sound of it.

I think that's mostly due to what Indy Car needs from them for safety standards. Those cars are now just giant chunks of Carbon Fibre waiting to shatter into a million sharp pieces. And the faster they go, the closer those trees off the course get too.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I'm from Columbus and just got back from Gingerman. It's not an awful drive and it's a track with a lot of great vantage points for photographers, unobstructed views of almost all turns.

Note with the current COVID rules, spectators are not allowed at ANY Lemons races. So you'll want to get registered with a team as "support staff" so you can be on site.

The track Lemons used in Ohio were nelsons ledges and Toledo from what I gather. AFAIK they've never been to mid-ohio. But yeah, Mid-ohio is getting less and less "driver friendly" as they tend to favor high profile events, or rich guys and their porsche GT3's dumping $1000 for half hour open lap runs.

1989 Merkur XR4Ti: Project Merkur Space Program - Wins: Class C - Colonel and the Sinkhole 2023 | "Heroic Fix" The Pitt Maneuver 2023 | "Halloween Meets Gasoline" The Pitt Maneuver 2022
1980 Dodge Challenger: Most Extreme eLemonAtion Challenger (Rust Belt Ramble 2021 Dishonorable Mention)