Topic: Question about parts value

Hello, I'm thinking about getting into a Lemons race
If I buy two cars, can I use parts from both and my only invested value is the cost of the two cars?
Or do I still have to price the parts based on the value of the parts and not the donor car

Re: Question about parts value

You could count the full cost of both cars.

You'd be a hero if you figured out how to use ALL the parts from both cars in one entry.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

well the possible donor car sat in a field for 4 years, and the engine is worth more than the 100 dollars I paid for the sad car with flat tires and no brakes

It was bought with the intend of repairing the car for a flip, but its way too far gone, esp with 260k miles, but the Supercharged 3800 seemed like it could live on in a race car haha

but also I considered just doing up the Buick for a race, and leaving it as is with all new brakes and tires since it ran after I drained the tank and supplied fresh fuel

The car I thought about cramming it in was an old Cavalier with a 5spd but the one just sold on CL here for 200 dollars with a bad engine guess I missed that one in the time it took to get a reply here haha

Anyways sounds like I hear a challenge, does welding two cars front to back count as using all the parts?
Imagine that would be like having two cars all in one, just switch sides when one engine blows up and keep racing lmao

I had a more legit idea for an s10, just put one buick subframe in the front and one in the back with two trans shifters, engine one dies, just fire up engine two, dunno what that would have to look like to pass any kind of tech inspection tho

You are talking about a Cavalier/Buick mashup and worried about budget?  Budget should be about 847th on your worry list.  When people ask that question without specifics, its hard to evaluate whether people are envisioning putting an LSx in a BMW 3 series or a Packard straight 8 in a Corvair.  Your mashup is much closer to the Packard/Corvair range of things as far as causing judicial scrutiny.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Cheeseroo right. Speedycop is a favorite and there is no way in hell he spent only $500 on some of those wonderful monstrosities he has raced.

More horrible and amazing the vehicle is, the less everybody cares about the $500 budget.

The $500 budget is designed to stop those bozos who are going to supercharge their BMW and then come race with us

Former Captain
1996 Crown Vic. #55
Team Racing Cosmo

A Cavalier with a 3600 Supercharged in it!!!

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

For anyone thinking about a twin driveline car, if it is automatic, beware, one may need to cobble some sort of external trans fluid pump to lubricate the internals while that engine is off but the car is racing.

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

bobnowoc wrote:

Cheeseroo right. Speedycop is a favorite and there is no way in hell he spent only $500 on some of those wonderful monstrosities he has raced.

More horrible and amazing the vehicle is, the less everybody cares about the $500 budget.

The $500 budget is designed to stop those bozos who are going to supercharge their BMW and then come race with us

But I want to supercharge my BMW to negate its renowned durability!

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook