Topic: High Plains Drifter '20

Not too far away, but not in the clear yet.  Wear a mask, eat your Flintstones vitamins, and hopefully the green flag will still fly.

Who's going to be there and what are you bringing?

Deferred Maintenance Racing will have our Chevy LUV #78.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

Re: High Plains Drifter '20

Petrosexual Racing will be there with the Caddiata for the full 24.

Petrosexual Racing - 4.9 HT swap/Trashback Miata
https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=35746
BFE GP '18 - 1st in C, High Plains Drifter -19 - 1st in B/Overall
Uh oh, Spaghettios...

Flat Face Racing will be in the full 24 in our purple Miata

This will be my team's first 24 hour race. I know all the tech stuff, but any other advice for a team that hasn't raced at night?

Can we fuel at our paddock for this race?

Kevbot wrote:

This will be my team's first 24 hour race. I know all the tech stuff, but any other advice for a team that hasn't raced at night?

Can we fuel at our paddock for this race?

Aim you lights the night before, you want to have corner lights aimed at a 45 degree angle to your driving lights.

Make sure all your drivers have driven the track in the daylight, remind them to look for track markings for turn ins and brake zones.  If like Buttonwillow, you will not be able to see anything past the edge of the track.  Even if you think you know the track, you will be completely lost your first couple of night laps.

Ask your drivers, especially the less experienced ones, to check in after 30 minutes.  Some people can't handle night driving and you should change their shift lengths appropriately.  If you find yourself losing concentration, come in early and change.  I cut first time night driver stints in half their first time.

Have a clear plan of who is driving next, and make sure that person is in an agreed upon location before their shift.  Also make sure the person(s) who can fix the car is in a known location. Nothing is more annoying than coming in early because something is broke, or you just can't drive anymore and nobody on the team can be found.

Mirrors are useless due to 1 billion lumens of LED light bars spewing light in your eyes.  Some people say you can use window tint on them to make it better, I just stop using the mirrors and drive a predictable line when the really fast cars come up on me.

Sleep when you can.  If you are the captain, good luck sleeping.

Have fun, it's a race!

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

Whatever_racecar will be there with our 745 Volvo wagon.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

Since Brian hasn't responded....

USMC racing will be present with THREE CARS! Two Crown Vics (Chesty & Ladder 3) as well as the all new WILD BOAR CAMERO!!!

Based on my current flight schedule from CMP, I should be making it to HPR around midnight!

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

Gorilla Greasers will be there with our I.O.E winner 72 Plymouth Valiant. This will be our second race and our first 24 hour race and maybe the cars last race. I'm sure you will see a lot of us as you pass us many times.

Still deciding a team name will be there with our 2000 mustang. First timers.

You mention cornering lights. So far i just have stock lights. How worried should i be?

johnjamesmiller wrote:

Still deciding a team name will be there with our 2000 mustang. First timers.

You mention cornering lights. So far i just have stock lights. How worried should i be?

I would expect stock headlights in a relatively modern car like that to be mostly adequate.

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

I think the final car count was 57 or 58.

Assigned tech times are on the event page here:
https://24hoursoflemons.com/race/?id=272

Lemons of Love donation link will be on the event page, but you can also find it here:
https://give.classy.org/HighPlainsDrifter2020

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com